Not much support from GMs (Hacked account)

#0 - Sept. 13, 2007, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I Reported to a GM that some gold had been stolen from my account, A few days later i entered another ticket to see how the progress was going, They told me that the recovered gold was going to be sent to me through the mail, then tried to crack an unfunny joke ( I have reportings of a Warrior attempting to chop down a Restoration Druid that i must attend to, Is there anything else i can help you with?) i said; Yes, Im not happy with just the gold, i would like you to return the materials for a crafted weapon that took me a long time to farm (that had been vendored by the suspect for access to more gold). he said he couldn't.

My point is, Some one, becouse of their Security System, breeched my account and ruined my characters, and all they can do is recover some gold? i had lots of quest items, gear, materials, etc, etc...
stolen or deleted. All i asked for is some materials that are worth nothing to a vendor, but are worth lots to real players that were vendored by the suspect yet, Blizzards Strict Policies restrict the game masters abillity to return the items

So to end this thread i say: Even though Blizzard "say" they are against hacking and cheating, all they could return from items and money stolen worth an amount of 700gold is roughly 210gold. so, me, a player who has never gone against Blizzards Policies loses out while the suspects gets away with a profit of 490 a periodic ban of 3 - 4 days i presume.

Do you think this is fair to the honest player, that pays a large amount per month to play this game?
Please Bump if not.

Flame if you will, But put yourself in my shoes.
#17 - Sept. 14, 2007, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
At the risk of sounding pedantic:
Q u o t e:
I Reported to a GM that some gold had been stolen from my account

followed by:
Q u o t e:
They told me that the recovered gold was going to be sent to me

Sounds like good service to me.

However, as has been stated, if you feel you have been given a lower level of support than you would expect, please report the details of the incident to:
WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com

We also have an In-Game Customer Support forum which is watched over by our Gamemaster department and I am sure Issuntril would be happy to address any concerns which you raise there in a constructive manner.

Please do try to avoid defamatory or abusive comments regarding the Gamemasters though; they are doing a job and no one should feel threatened or upset when working.
#60 - Sept. 14, 2007, 1:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok guys, let's take a breather here.

I'm seeing a lot of blame being thrown around and some borderline defamatory statements.

As was said, the only way to avoid a compromised account is to never connect to the internet.
Of course, that means you cannot experience and enjoy World of Warcraft, so there are a number of threads, including some stickies, which give you tips and advice on how you can reduce the risk to yourself and your account.

It seems to me that most of you know what you should do if you are unfortunate enough to discover your account compromised (contact our support teams). The problem seems to arise when the message to the support team is clouded by emotion (anger) and this means that there can be a delay, or some things can be overlooked.

We understand that losing all your hard work is frustrating, but if you have been compromised and lost all your stuff then there is nothing left to take; so take your time, calm down a bit, change your password (if you can), and then compose your message to the support staff.

Calm, clear details = higher chance of fast, efficient service.

Maybe I'll make that my new signature...