Blizzard - Stop this, just delete the Shaman

#0 - Nov. 5, 2007, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please, Blizzard, can you just delete the Shaman class and can we, if possible, be reimbursed with any class of our choice at level 50, no higher. The reason I ask of this is because.. well.. it hurts me a lot when my PvP viability isn't all that strong, and then I get shot in the foot a few times.

In 2.3, like many of you already know, Shaman will be even more dire in PvP, hell, I wouldn't be suprised if a tier 6 Shaman lost to a green geared 70 just due to the fact the class has many more problems that it can handle, albeit we've tried our hardest to adapt too - Pushing us even more into this state, is like forcing a kitten to live in the North Pole; it's just not going to happen.

For example, our most powerful defense in PvP was the Grounding totem and it's ability to absorb spells every 10 seconds for 45 seconds, unless the totem [it has 5hp] was destroyed. Now, with the nerf as soon as any spell is redirected to the totem (therebye making hp irrelivant) the totem will be destroyed. Another example, which is widely known, is the Elemental coefficent nerfs on Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning where our damage per second is nerfed by nearly 10%, which is huge. Especially considering Eyonix said, and I quote, "After testing we've seen an overall DPS increase for Elemental Shaman." The DR's on Silences and Interrupts hit Shaman the most considering many silences have longer than a 15 second cooldown, whereas Earth Shock has a 6 second (5 talented) cooldown and shares returns with both Frost Shock (our only slowing ability) and Flame Shock.

So please, Blizzard, can you just delete the Shaman class: we've been through enough of your empty promises, the empty soulless hotfixes, the weak and inexperienced CM's, and the total lack of support from CM's in our forum. Granted Salthem came and told us to calm down, but this is only because we (the Shaman) have had enough... otherwise it would have been left bare.

Oh, and a fun fact: Kalgan (Tim Chilton) has visited, and posted, in every class forum on the US forums except Shaman, he's never played a Shaman or posted in our forum. Thank God we had Tseric, oh wait... double negative.
#73 - Nov. 6, 2007, 10:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Please, Blizzard, can you just delete the Shaman class and can we, if possible, be reimbursed with any class of our choice at level 50, no higher. The reason I ask of this is because.. well.. it hurts me a lot when my PvP viability isn't all that strong, and then I get shot in the foot a few times.

In 2.3, like many of you already know, Shaman will be even more dire in PvP, hell, I wouldn't be suprised if a tier 6 Shaman lost to a green geared 70 just due to the fact the class has many more problems that it can handle, albeit we've tried our hardest to adapt too - Pushing us even more into this state, is like forcing a kitten to live in the North Pole; it's just not going to happen.

For example, our most powerful defense in PvP was the Grounding totem and it's ability to absorb spells every 10 seconds for 45 seconds, unless the totem [it has 5hp] was destroyed. Now, with the nerf as soon as any spell is redirected to the totem (therebye making hp irrelivant) the totem will be destroyed. Another example, which is widely known, is the Elemental coefficent nerfs on Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning where our damage per second is nerfed by nearly 10%, which is huge. Especially considering Eyonix said, and I quote, "After testing we've seen an overall DPS increase for Elemental Shaman." The DR's on Silences and Interrupts hit Shaman the most considering many silences have longer than a 15 second cooldown, whereas Earth Shock has a 6 second (5 talented) cooldown and shares returns with both Frost Shock (our only slowing ability) and Flame Shock.

So please, Blizzard, can you just delete the Shaman class: we've been through enough of your empty promises, the empty soulless hotfixes, the weak and inexperienced CM's, and the total lack of support from CM's in our forum. Granted Salthem came and told us to calm down, but this is only because we (the Shaman) have had enough... otherwise it would have been left bare.

Oh, and a fun fact: Kalgan (Tim Chilton) has visited, and posted, in every class forum on the US forums except Shaman, he's never played a Shaman or posted in our forum. Thank God we had Tseric, oh wait... double negative.

I understand that you are frustrated, but suggesting that a class should get removed from the game simply because you are unhappy with it in its current state is just not very constructive.

If you wish to complain about things, please feel free to do so, but try to go straight to the point and stick to the actual facts as much as possible. There is no need for dramatization or exaggeration, especially if you wish for us to take you seriously and to forward your feedback to the developers.