Why did the Lunar Festival end early?

#0 - March 7, 2007, 4:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey

As the topic says, why did the Lunar Festival end early?

It was supposed to be from February 16 to March 8 and no matter if it's "to and not including" or "to and including" the Lunar Festival should be there on the 7th of March, which is today...

The answer to why it ended early must be that the patch was applied tonight and it was a obvious choice of time to remove all the festival events...

But it think it is very unfair - I had really looked forward to doing this seasonal event and due to work I haven't been able to attend to it before today which I planned based on the information in the events calender:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/events/calendar.html

So could I please here from you Blizzard that you closed the festival early or that you posted the wrong dates in the calender (which one doesn't really matter).

Best regards
Fetlock
#24 - March 8, 2007, 10:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The event will always last for 19 days, and it appears the date in the Event Calendar was mistakenly off by one day. Apologies to anyone waiting until the last day to turn in.
#27 - March 8, 2007, 11:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
u might take the chance now that u noticed the calendar might have errors (as you personally admitted) and check ALL OF IT to avoid future similar problems?

I sure hope we will check the dates in the calendar in the future :)

Thanks for your always very constructive criticism Sumomo.
#29 - March 8, 2007, 11:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
which has gotten me like 983745345 bans allready on different accounts...

Learn by mistakes?