For Mac users

#0 - Aug. 28, 2006, 11:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all I'd like to say thanks to Blizzard for their rare habit of always making their available to us Mac users at release. WoW functions just as well on the Mac as it does on the pc and I think this is great.

I do however have a suggestion. Why not make a separate forum for Mac users where we can exchange some tips and tricks and stuff.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that sometimes it can feel a bit lonely out there.

recently bumped in to some problems myself. I couldn't join my guild for ZG since the prototype Mac version of Ventrilo does not work with their server version. I can't really ask the guild to change it all just for me, so now I'm stuck and can't really do instances in any organized way. Also, I felt stupid for buying the headset.

feel it would be comforting to know that there are other players out there experiencing the same type of problems. Also it would be really helpful to learn how they solved them.
#14 - Aug. 28, 2006, 4:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Then again, look at the US Mac Tech Forum, barely two pages. Let's face it, Mac is just more stable and there's not much support needed ;)
#17 - Aug. 28, 2006, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sad but true

Well I wouldn't call it sad. I'm assuming you're thinking of PC's generally being a bit more, shall we say, "difficult" when it comes to compatibility. But that IS the keyword: compatiblity.
I think Windows does an amazing job being able to work as relatively well as it does with gazillions of different hardware configurations, not to mention the (occasional) bcak error...oO