I am Tharfor

#0 - March 21, 2008, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A soft breeze eases through the forest and the plants rustle gently in the wind. The sound of birds can be heard from the canopy and a nearby stream adds a soothing trickle to the ambience of this natural, untouched scene.

Previously unseen by all those who cared to look, an elegant feline figure emerges from its stealthy exploration of the surrounding area and moves out into plain sight before sitting down for all to see. With a look of satisfaction and the hint of a smile, Tharfor speaks:

I am Tharfor, one of the protectors of these lands. It is my solemn duty to protect and serve the peoples of this place so that they cause no harm to themselves or others.

In the time that I served I have seen and done things that no man, elf, orc, troll, or otherwise can imagine. Some have made me weep for the future, and others have made me happy beyond belief. Passion, dedication, honour, and unbreakable spirit are some of the traits that run through the hearts of those who visit us here; and they can be inspiring to those who will listen and learn.

However, there can be no light without dark and anywhere that light and dark fight for dominance there must be a balance; those chosen few who will walk through both light and dark to ensure fairness and honesty throughout.

I have seen the darkness and I have fought against it, this has taken its toll on my spirit.

I have seen the light and I have embraced it, this has given me new perspective.

I am not known for my emotional behavior or my long and motivating speeches, but I sit here before you now holding back what I feel and biting my tongue of all the things that I would like to say – because neither is needed.

My time as a guardian here is over. Today I shall leave this place never to return.

I leave here with many happy memories of both those of you that I have served, and those who have served with me; I hope that I will be missed even a fraction of how much I will miss you all.

All I have left to say is: goodbye.

/dance

The cat begins to nod his head and wave his paw in time to some unheard music. The motion is almost hypnotic and only those with the keenest eyes spot the glow of something leaving the body and disappearing into the ether. Dancing until the end of time, Tharfor is no more…
#8 - March 21, 2008, 11:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You will be missed.

Although I have not been here for long, I greatly appreciate all what you have done both for the community, and for me in my first few weeks here.

May your future be a bright one :-]
#94 - March 21, 2008, 2:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Very sad to see you go, Tharfor. You will be missed, both by all the players here and also your colleagues. Best of luck to you. *panda hug*
#97 - March 21, 2008, 2:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Farewell Tharfor, and best of luck in your future adventures. :)

I claim first dibs on his avatar by the way!

Issuntril
#109 - March 21, 2008, 3:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Bye fellow kitty.

Here's hoping that travelform makes your journeys all the swifter, bearform helps you overcome the hardest of obstacles, and catform allows you to stealth past any bad luck in your path.

Best wishes :)