WoW- Plague of the Universe

#0 - May 15, 2008, 2:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Today is a sad day, for me, for you and for the world.

Q u o t e:
Yesterday at 9:30 am PST a 6 year old child was found dead at his computer. A post-mortem has not yet been performed, but it is believed that the cause of death was Over Exposure to Digital Medium or OEDM. OEDM is a recently discovered disorder that results from spending too much time playing video games. Doctor Richard Jamir had the following to say about the disorder:

"A persons brain can be negatively effected by radio waves emitted from computer screens and other digital devices. The waves enter the brain at the cranium and begin to melt the medulla oblongata after extended exposure. The waves then move to the cornea of the eye where they are amplified and repeatedly chained back and forth resulting in extreme brain damage. Death occurs after blindness when the radio waves have no path of escape out of the medulla oblongata."

There is very little known about the chances of this problem becoming more dangerous but it is known that the graphics engine used in World of Warcraft, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (or MMORPG), is of a very volatile standard and should be regarded with precaution. Blizzard, the developers, were not available for questioning.

Thus, it comes as no surprise that the 6 year old victim was an avid World of Warcraft player. His mother (name withheld), had the following to say: "He was always a troublesome child but he didn't deserve to go this way. Near the end he refused to go to school, he refused to speak to me or his father..... I can't understand why this had to happen....".

It is believed that the child spent 70 straight hours playing the game before he lost his sight and started screaming. At that point he was past saving and collapsed in spasms at his PC. "OEDM is not to be taken lightly. It is not a joke." was the last comment from Dr. Jamir.

What do you guys think of this? Pretty disturbing.... but not enough to make me quit!! :D
#106 - May 16, 2008, 9:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am a qualified meta-physicist

Q u o t e:
As a qualified neurosurgeon (UCLA)

Some interesting professions you've taken on your alts, Blacksunday. Not that Blacksunday isn't an alt too, of course. Qualified troll, for sure. :p

Closing this one.