Draenei and evolution

#0 - May 23, 2008, 11:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Now I think I heard something about the Draenei being demoinc in origin or something to that effect so this discussion might not really be viable. Anyway, I've been thinking a bit about the origins of the Draenei, what kind of environment that made them evolve into what they are today.

To avoid an explanation along the lines of "it's magic" let's say a similar looking race is currnetly inhabiting the earth. A race of upright-walking humanoids with tails and opposable thumbs. The males have tentacles on their chin and cheeks and the females have horns.
It's possible they evloved from goats or antelopes or something like that, but why would these animals start evolving hands and fingers?
Why are the females the ones with the horns when traditionally in nature horns are attributes of the males of the spieces. What are the tentacles for?

From a Darwinistic (?) it sounds like interesting questions. Is it reasonable to assume that a draenei like species coudl have evolved somehow or are they just too freaky?
#32 - May 23, 2008, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why are the females the ones with the horns when traditionally in nature horns are attributes of the males of the speices.

Perhaps their current horns are only vestigial remnants of an ancestral form of female Draenei who used to compete for their males in a rut? They might have once been comparable in size to the rather hefty horns found on our Earth reindeer males! Maybe one day in the future we might get to visit Argus and investigate further for ourselves? :)