Why are there no "healing" flask?

#0 - May 27, 2008, 7:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can anyone find a reason to why there are no healing flasks?
There are flasks for Melee, Tanks, Casters but there are no real useful flask for healers.
Why is this so?
#3 - May 27, 2008, 8:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Can anyone find a reason to why there are no healing flasks?
There are flasks for Melee, Tanks, Casters but there are no real useful flask for healers.
Why is this so?

I don't know why specifically that is so. However, I do know from personal experience that for raiding in TBC -- if you work at it -- a Healer can usually get enough +Heal from gear alone. The main problem you'll encounter is lack of mana; or more specifically, lack of mana regeneration. Which is why there are flasks for specifically that purpose. It's a bit similar to the dead healer can't heal quote -- a healer with no mana is also in a similar position (though at least has greater potential to be slightly more useful *grin*).

However, especially with the changes to Spirit and Spi/Int based mana regen in patch 2.4, the pure mana regen flask Flask of Mighty Restoration (http://armory.wow-europe.com/item-info.xml?i=22853) for some people is no longer ideal. Some now feel it preferable to work on getting your Spirit and Intellect up higher. (Just to add quickly though, it may or may not depend on a number of factors including class, race, talents, gear and the actual fight in question!)

Noticing you're a druid, I'd like to personally recommend this thread (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t17783-druid_raiding_tree/) to find some great tips on Druid Resto healing, including recommended consumables. I've found the forums at that site to be particularly helpful for all the classes I've played.

A lot of "theory-crafters" post to those forums; people who spend a lot of time and effort number crunching in-game formulas and testing out in practice, to see what really is the best consumables, gear, talents...etc A lot of them feel that more often than not if you're raiding you'll find it a lot better to take a couple of well chosen elixirs than a flask that doesn't quite fit your personal requirements.

Anyhow, I wish you good luck :-)
#16 - May 27, 2008, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wryxian states the obvious, except one thing: That healers at high end need mana regen, and not +heal. That's just not correct.

I very specifically did not say +Heal wasn't important :-) I certainly am not denying that it is of major importance, and indeed if there was some powerful +Heal flasks my personal take on consumables may indeed change.
#58 - May 27, 2008, 11:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Draenic Wisdom stuff performs better.

Pretty much as I said -- unless you're dead set on using a flask for your own reasons, it seems many people are finding it much more advantageous to use two elixirs.

Another good combination for you as a Priest may well be Draenic Wisdom + Elixir of Mastery. This is, again, taken from recommendations for Priests on the aforementioned EJ forums. Suggested because though the increase to +Heal is lower, the mana regen for *both* inside and outside the five second rule is almost double the mana regen from the Draenic + Healing Power combination.

Your results may vary. ;-)
#87 - May 27, 2008, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think OP is looking for something that persists(sp) through death.

And fair enough too -- it is disheartening to dutifully drink two elixirs and then wipe only moments later, and even more so if it occurs over and over again.

Will there ever be a new Flask that healers unanimously agree is the best option post patch 2.4? Maybe. Will it be before WotLK? We can't predict the future, but I would habit to guess that the answer is probably not. But hope springs eternal.