PvE - PvP

#0 - May 31, 2007, 11:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, Blizzard... You say it's easier to lvl up, gain loot and so on on a PvE realm. And therefore you can't migrate from PvE-PvP realms.

Give me the facts where a PvE realm vs PvP realm is even better in PvE.. What I know PvP realms atm rule PvE progress. And to lvl up on a PvP realm is not that hard, you got your friends or other alliance to help you lvl up.. honestly, i think it's easier to lvl on a PvP realm!.. You always try to find a group so you don't get ganked, and do quests faster and so on.

So Blizzard, your arguments fails and you just irritate people!
#1 - May 31, 2007, 11:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't think anybody said that PvE realms dominate the PvE progress. A realm's PvE progress is no indication of the difficulty of leveling and progressing in PvE, but rather of the "beat the game" mindset of those choosing to play on the realm and its rule-set.

In my opinion, those on a PvP realm are more likely to level fast to become hunter rather than prey, stay in groups for strength thus building strong bonds sooner, and thrive more with as much challenge as possible (including fighting other players). That the average person on PvP level faster than the average person on PvE is thus quite natural. But take the entire community from a PvP realm and put them on a PvE realm and I'm absolutely sure they'll advance even faster, as they can ignore the threat of other players. (But take one of them, and she might not, as she could be used to more grouping than the PvE realm may offer.)

So, there's an argument, which can replace the one you kindly made up for us. /discuss was it? ;)

Edit: removing signature
#9 - May 31, 2007, 12:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Now you made me curious what your sig was :(

Just a link to yesterday's instability thread. As it's closed now it was silly to link to it still. :)

Q u o t e:
So.. If I get this right.. You are not allowed to migrate from PvE to PvP because if all PvP players where transfered to PvE realms the progress would be even better?.. ehm?..

Okey..

No. :)

You're not allowed to move from PvE to PvP because if you wish to have a level {int} character with {string} gear on a PvP realm you should get it on the PvP realm, not on the less hazardous PvE realm.
#17 - May 31, 2007, 12:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Level {int} with {string}? Why these computer commands? Are you Thundgot, or are you in fact replying with the Thundbot?! >.0

Just making the statement fit different times. Currently {int} = 70 and {string} = Tier 5, while at one point it was e.g. 60 and Tier 2.

And I'm sure it's far from proper code language. :)
#36 - May 31, 2007, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I find it typical that if someone transfers from PvP to PvE he gets a warm welcome, but as soon as someone brings up the reverse he gets treated like he is some lowlife leecher only seeking personal gain at the expense of everyone on the server he wants to transfer on.

Guess that's the "strong bonds" and the "beat the game" attitude, huh?

Now, now. I was the one using the "strong bonds" and "beat the game attitude" phrases, and if you really think I've been treating anybody like "some lowlife leecher only seeking personal gain at the expense of everyone on the server he wants to transfer on" I ask you to kindly refer me to the post where I do so.

Q u o t e:
Also, none of the "it's so hard" "beat the game attitude" "STV" arguments fly if the guy in question leveled to 70 on a PvP server, went PvE and regrets his decision later on.

One could argue that the time spent on PvE could have been used to gain equipment or gold under less hazardous conditions, but the main point would anyway be that while one can program all kinds of exceptions and add recording of needed data for it to the game, it's something that would mean a lot of work that might be better spent elsewhere.

I also noticed people have different experiences with ganking, and maybe especially STV. I think one must keep in mind the variety of realm communities (there are 121 European PvP realms, I believe), and that they may change over time. With ZG raids not being that frequent these days, the lack of bored level 60s waiting for their raid might make the area a bit less dangerous. ;)