Is this a Cheat or Hack?

#0 - July 15, 2008, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
whilst playing in EOTS, i was hanging around the Mage Tower doing my defending duty (yes it's possible for an Alliance player to defend!) a Shaman rolled up and threw down an alarming amount of totems, maybe I'd been playing too long or had too much Beer i thought and were seeing things.

But then i saw another shaman EXACTLY the same as the 1st one I'd seen, same gear, exacly the same movements & really difficult to seperate as the 1st, on top of each other almost.

Before i could say "..wtf" i was killed by 2 lightning bolts, now seeing as I'm a protection warrior with 15k hp i thought his was unusual, anyway i ressed and ran back up and BAM! dead again by another 2 lightning bolts!

so i moused over this Shaman and i saw not two but THREE identical shamans, and when i say identical i mean exact! all doing the exact same thing, i checked my combat log and noticed they had 3 every so slightly different names (1 different character) and i was hit not by 2 lightning bolts but in fact 6!
I checked the scoreboard and these 3 shamans were sure enough taking up 3 player spots too.

how is this possible? is this cheating? or maybe it's accepted by Blizzard as they're 3 different (i assume) payng accounts?

anyone who can put me in the picture here please?
#38 - July 16, 2008, 9:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

how is this possible? is this cheating? or maybe it's accepted by Blizzard as they're 3 different (i assume) payng accounts?

How is it possible? One person playing multiple characters, controlling them all at the same time.

Is this cheating? No.

Is this accepted by Blizzard? Yes.

In short, there's no cheating or hacking involved in the situation you describe. I hope that answers your questions :)