Realm First Ulduar Clear Achievement

#0 - March 12, 2009, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does anybody know if Algalon "the Raid Destroyer" is going to be required for the Realm First achievement. I would hope that it is so that people aren't just running through the easy mode the first week just to get the achievement plus you haven't really "cleared" Ulduar until you beat all the bosses, even the optional one.

This might affect whether or not we go for hard mode achievements in week one after release.

Additionally, any plans for rewards for Realm First Ulduar Clear? A pretty drake, a vanity pet or even a unique title? A pint sized Titan companion would be reward enough for a first clear. Sucks if your not in the raid at the time though.
#11 - March 13, 2009, 1:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does anybody know if Algalon "the Raid Destroyer" is going to be required for the Realm First achievement. I would hope that it is so that people aren't just running through the easy mode the first week just to get the achievement plus you haven't really "cleared" Ulduar until you beat all the bosses, even the optional one.

This might affect whether or not we go for hard mode achievements in week one after release.

Additionally, any plans for rewards for Realm First Ulduar Clear? A pretty drake, a vanity pet or even a unique title? A pint sized Titan companion would be reward enough for a first clear. Sucks if your not in the raid at the time though.

The only realm first achievements/titles will be from:

Yogg-Saron 10 man Hard Mode (zero Keepers helping)
Algalon 10 man

Yogg-Saron 25 man Hard Mode (zero Keepers helping)
Algalon 25 man

These will be separate achievements (not linked to each other).

Good luck!

Edit by Bornakk: Updated information is in this post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15671259608&sid=1&pageNo=4#73
#14 - March 13, 2009, 1:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any comments on why you'd add Undying/Immortal achievements to a zone that has a majority of bosses with hard modes? Does it not limit your encounter design as well, re: Anetheron, Azgalor, Teron type fights? Yes, I do find the Undying/Immortal achievements more annoying than challenging, but I was hoping they were a 'quick fix' to make Naxxrammas more appealing to the uber-core guilds. Seems illogical and purely bad design to keep em in new raid zones.

Undying and Immortal for Ulduar are not linked to the meta.
#73 - April 14, 2009, 6:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just as a reminder, there is planned to be a realm first feat of strength for killing the heroic 25player Yogg-Saron on hard mode and for killing Algalon, but neither of these are for the normal 10player versions.
#78 - April 14, 2009, 6:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wait wait wait, what? Which of you is right? CONFUSED!

Yeah, Valnoth's information was correct at the time but it was changed in a later PTR build. I'm locking this thread to try and minimize confusion on this.