"Failed to read information from internet"

#0 - Jan. 24, 2010, 3:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After downloading the WoW installer, I get this error message: "Failed to read information from internet" when trying to install.

Can anybody help me find a solution? I can only seem to find help for the CD version, not the downloaded version. =(

Thanks!

(I am upgrading from a trial account, I have Vista)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am recieving the error message: "No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard technical support."

Has anyone had a similar message, or know of a solution? I cleaned up the temp directory and removed any previous WoW files before trying to install, but it still won't work. =(
#3 - Jan. 25, 2010, 10:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

Seems that when you are trying to download data to your computer the connection is failing or the installer is unable to install anything to your system.

Make sure at your using the full game installer, and that if you have already downloaded this that you delete all files you have downloaded so far.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/downloads/client/

If that does not help you may need to delete any previous download attempts so the data your downloading is current, previous install.

Installer locations
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft Installer
C:\Users\Public\Games\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft Installer

If that does not help then delete any game installs as well.

Game Install Locations
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft
C:\Users\Public\Games\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft