Of Benches and Immortals

#0 - March 13, 2009, 4:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
TLDR: Keep the drakes in and you fix the QQ for 20-mans, Immortal, and the drake removal.

Immortal has always had a reputation for being stressful. Always. Then Blizzard put a window on how many tries you could take to get it done. Now the forum is erupting with stressed out people making stupid mistakes because they've put been put under a lot of pressure. This is making the game a lot less fun for many of the people who are an immortal away from their drakes. The casuals QQing because they aren't even geared enough to make an honest attempt at these, the moderates are QQing because this kind of achievement (with a time window) means that only top end guilds (with no low end members) can get these.

The moderate QQs are the more interesting one to me. You've got people who raid with friends, and they have been for years. A Blizzard is going to destroy some of these guilds. Why? Not because the content is hard QQ. I've seen plenty of guilds stall out in SSC/TK and just hang out there. They're 4/5 and 3/4 and they didn't get Vashj or Kael down til they got nerfed a bunch. That didn't destroy the guilds though. Why? Because rewards weren't being removed from the good players for tolerating the bads.

It really seems to me like the removal of the drakes is a stupid headed policy. I think it's becoming pretty clear that Bornakk doesn't even agree with it. The devs need to immediately back up on this decision because of what it's going to do to the fun levels of their moderate raiders.
#3 - March 13, 2009, 4:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It really seems to me like the removal of the drakes is a stupid headed policy. I think it's becoming pretty clear that Bornakk doesn't even agree with it. The devs need to immediately back up on this decision because of what it's going to do to the fun levels of their moderate raiders.

I don't know where you got this information, but stuffing words into my mouth is not appreciated. There are rare 310% mounts through PvP, so we want to keep specific PvE ones rare as well.