Very little if any class changes so far?

#1 - Feb. 9, 2017, 7:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A fair few PTR builds in now with raid testing starting up in the next few days and yet I've seen nothing on class issues that are still present since Legions launch.

So many classes are so close to being amazing fun as opposed to good fun. WW is a great example of a great base idea let down by a fairly poor talent tree often leading to one option being better than the rest and the SEF design was quite the disaster being a nice idea with too many bugs and downsides to the player having 45% reduced damage.

Fury warrior has talents that should obviously be baseline. Eg inner rage, massacre as without them the majority the spec is not fun. But such simple changes are just not being made in the name of 'player choice' having to give up something to get something else should not result in what is the fury warrior execute phase without massacre.

MW got zero attention into 7.1.5 stuck with abilities and optimal stats that just don't mesh. Soothing mist with no interaction other than a channeled HoT, essence font raining supreme without utilizing it's interaction with mastery because of mana costs and efficiency. A lack luster talent tree pair with an ill fitting artifact talent and not to mention effuse not healing enough for it's mana cost and is essentially never used.

My personal gripe with Brm where running lower content feels as if I'm taking everybit of damage unable to effectively mitigate. While on the flip side I can bring my Prot Warrior and take no damage. I know it might sound a bit strange to complain about overgeared content but it's always been the case as a tank that in low damage content you can blow through the place, Brm doesn't have that this time around. It's something you have to experience to understand.

I'm sure there are many more obvious things about other specs that I'm not aware of but so far I hope it's simply early days and once they have finished the new artifact talents they will move onto catching up with things that were missed in 7.1.5. Raid encounters being tested just had me worried.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Feb. 9, 2017, 10:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're planning to have relatively minimal changes to core class design in 7.2. This is for two primary reasons:

• The 7.2 changes and additions to Artifact Traits will have a lot of impact on classes, and so we'd like to keep core functionality relatively stable
  • We just made a very significant amount of changes to most specs in 7.1.5, and don't want to pile another heap of changes on the community just yet.

That's not to say that there won't be any class changes in 7.2, just that it's not a major focus of the patch the same way it was in 7.1.5. As someone mentioned above, our strategy for Legion is to keep those sorts of heavy class changes to 7.x.5-level patches.

I should add, however, that we're already getting fairly deep into discussions on what might happen in one such future patch, so please keep the feedback coming. Kaivax alluded to some of those discussions regarding Unholy in an earlier post, for example.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Feb. 9, 2017, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I also wanted to address this specifically, since it's the sort of thing that hasn't really been visible outside of here at the office:

02/09/2017 05:36 AMPosted by Varrow
Their class team egos are way too large to realize that they aren't all knowing and haven't created the perfect classes that exactly fit the class fantasy and play perfectly.

We have conversations literally every day about things that could have or should have been done differently, and things to want to change in the future. Just because we're overall happy with class balance as a nebulous concept at the moment doesn't mean we don't recognize that there are still issues to address.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#32 - Feb. 9, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/09/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Luckeh
Does this mean no tuning changes are imminent? If so that's heartbreaking to some classes like mages. We need to know soon so the rerolls can commence.

Tuning changes are done primarily via hotfix these days (excepting the ones that need to be done after core mechanical changes are made). So no, that's not what that means.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Feb. 10, 2017, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/09/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Yura
I already gave up on expecting a major revision to Hunters this expansion.

We are not planning to completely re-design Hunters this expansion.

We are, however, regularly discussing the feedback we're seeing on things like Vulnerable with the intention of finding ways to improve the situation.