Concise Prot Warrior Feedback

#1 - March 1, 2017, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Issues Prot Warriors are facing currently. I hope this is Concise, actionable, clear, non-hyperbolic:

-Lowest effective health among tank specs
-Unlike every other tank spec forced to choose between health/mitigation and damage/resource generation
-Ineffective active mitigation for both physical and magic damage

I offer no solutions to fix these issues because, as I recall, devs don't like being told what they should do.

Looking forward to a blue response within the next 24 hours.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - March 2, 2017, 12:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Agreed that clear and concise are best. However, this might be a bit too concise.

We're quite interested in Protection Warrior feedback. Feel free to expand on talent choices, rotation, legendaries, artifact traits, etc.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - March 2, 2017, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/01/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Hrothknut

Should we rehash what has already been said in n# of other threads?

No, thank you.

03/01/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Hrothknut

Since you bothered to respond to this one, does that mean we should centralize here? Links OK or do I need to cut and paste?

No need to centralize. I just wanted to encourage an expansion on the bullets in the OP here.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#187 - March 15, 2017, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As before, we thank you for the good feedback.

The Nighthold has put a spotlight on magic mitigation more than previous raids, and we’ve seen how that resulted in Protection Warriors (who are typically a very well-rounded tank spec) falling a bit behind other tanks as a result.

Today’s new 7.2 PTR build includes the following change:

Warrior
  • Gleaming Scales (Artifact Trait) increases Spell Reflection magical damage reduction by 20%.

Gleaming Scales is a new Artifact Trait that’s coming in 7.2, and the intention here is to provide Warriors with a way to keep up with incoming spells in encounters that are magic-heavy, such as Spell Augur Etraeus or Krosus in The Nighthold.

We’re also testing a new change to the Protection Legendary belt Thundergod’s Vigor that triples the rate at which your Thunder Claps reduce the cooldown on Demoralizing Shout.

We continue to analyze and consider everything you’re telling us here (and elsewhere!), so keep it coming. Thank you!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#199 - March 15, 2017, 3:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/14/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Xuanney
Hi Kaivax, thank you for the update, but does this mean that the original effect of Gleaming Scales (+5s for Spell Reflect) has been replaced with this new effect, or are they combined?

Replaced.