Hidden Skins: Bad Luck Protection now please.

#1 - Feb. 6, 2017, 11:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Getting real tired of getting stiffed daily on my Demon Hunter, Priest, Mage, Monk, Rogue, Warlock and every single other class that has a once a day (or once a week) chance to spawn at a .01% chance the item required to get the hidden skin.

You need to implement bad luck protection on every single hidden skin and you need to do so before 7.2 via a hotfix. It's absolutely stupid that a person can log in every single day, kill the mob and not get the item after 5 months.

Doubly stupid is that if this trend continues, the person might not ever see it in Legion and with how Blizzard has said artifacts will not have attainable appearances post Legion, it becomes a race against time that makes me quite simply want to quit rather than waste my time.

Also bear in mind that while I would absolutely love to be able to write feedback in less harsh wording, there aren't words to describe this level of backward thinking.

My frustration comes primarily from the following:

A.) The fact Blizzard stated that Artifact Skins will not be attainable post Legion.
B.) No explanation on how or if Bad Luck protection applies post 7.1.5. If so, how?
C.) That AK has no meaningful contribution to reduce the grind for unlucky players.
D.) No response has been forthcoming since beta on this, despite many warnings.
E.) That I have done the same thing every day totaling now 135+ times with 0 reward.
F.) That I have done the same thing every week for 19.5 weeks with 0 reward.

And..

G.) The fact some specs get a 100% drop rate.

A ideal and fair solution is if your at AK 25, the drop is 100%. The. End.

Please fix this, or at least explain what changes have been done to avert bad luck.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#54 - Feb. 14, 2017, 11:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Zylora
You need to implement bad luck protection on every single hidden skin and you need to do so before 7.2 via a hotfix.

Okay.

We've done this for a couple hidden appearances already, and are investigating others. Note that most of these do already have bad luck protection in place, but we're looking into whether or not it should be more aggressive.