Mistweaver Talents

#1 - Feb. 23, 2017, 8:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Blizz, listen I really like chi wave, but not at the expense of mistwalk. I enjoy the talent it is good in PVP and is good in PVE (certain circumstances) There are other talents that are not ever used at least by me like (rushing Jade wind, Rising thunder, spirit of the crane) there are several PVP talents that are not used that often either that could be removed (refreshing breeze, healing sphere, way of the crane, fast feet.) Mistwalk is an awesome part of the new monk playstyle don't take that away.

If you support this please up vote.
Info 7.2 PTR mistwalk was replaced with Chiwave.

Why blizz would you remove this talent? looking for a blue post here.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Feb. 24, 2017, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This was a primarily PvP-focused change. It wasn't getting much use in PvE (and when it was, that was almost always the wrong choice), and it was giving Mistweavers far too much mobility in PvP, especially in RBGs where it was highly problematic.

We're obviously aware that this change has balance implications, and are prepared to make any additional changes necessary for Mistweaver PvP performance.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#156 - March 1, 2017, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In the next PTR build (not today's), Mistweavers will learn Fortifying Brew at level 55. The Windwalker version of this spell is renamed to Fortifying Brew to match, and will continue to be an option at Honor level 22.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#233 - March 1, 2017, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/01/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Sifu
03/01/2017 01:42 PMPosted by Izanaki
Removing mistwalk because mws are too strong in bgs. Okayyy...But this change destroys mws completely in arenas, when they are not even top performing healers; and giving a 7 min cd fortifying brew instead? are you joking? i get it, you want us all to become your favorite child - druids.

I doubt it'll be 7 min. The only reason why it's 7min for BrMs is because its CD is reduced with KS/TP. It'll most likely be 2m CD like the WW's.

Currently 90 second cooldown, 15 second duration to match the Windwalker version.