Thanks for all your feedback here. We hear your concerns and we’d like to note, again, that we are aware of the various issues and feedback reported in this thread so far.
We’ve been discussing this issue with Wowhead, and they’re committed to trying to root out all of the causes of these problems, and on that note I think it’s worthwhile to reiterate few of our own guidelines, and how to best report the issues you may see on Wowhead itself.
First, I’d like to remind everyone of our Forums Code of Conduct
which prohibits real-life threats, harassment, defamation, obscene language, spamming, etc. We’ve also seen various “rallying” in the form of petitions and boycotts here lately, both which are against our Community Guidelines. The forums should never be used as a grounds to blackmail Blizzard or other entities. There have been episodes of this type of behavior in this thread, and others, recently, and we will be enforcing this through a more heavy-handed means going forward.
When it comes to Wowhead, they’ve outlined a few steps on their website to help with bad advertisement reporting:
If you see an ad that should not be on Wowhead, here is what we need in order to get it fixed:
- Most important: Contact us by clicking the Feedback link on the top right of the page (next to the language selection and your username) and be sure to select "Bad Advertisement" from the "Reason" drop-down menu. This will automatically attach extra information about the adverts to the email.
- Take a screenshot of the ad and send it to us at [email protected]
- Let us know your location, since different ad networks will service different areas.
- Tell us the URL the ad is serving from. For non-flash ads, all this takes is right-clicking the ad, selecting "Copy Image Location", and pasting the URL into the email. For Flash ads, this is a little more difficult. With Firefox, you can do this by going into Tools > Page Info, then clicking the "Media" tab. Look for anything that says "Embed" on the right (those are the Flash files), and right click on the URL and select "copy". Then paste that link into the email. Safari users, meanwhile, can just open the Activity Window, expand everything, and screenshot that.
- If your internet browser or virus scanner prevents you from accessing a page due to bad advertisement then you can submit a report via the feedback button by including the domain name and your current location.
Following these steps should be the best way to get these issues reported, looked into, and resolved.
Again, harassment of any person or entity on this forum is not appropriate, no matter the cause. Please be mindful of this in the future, and continue to provide constructive feedback to both us and Wowhead going forward on this topic.