Fire "buffs" in 7.2...

#1 - Feb. 15, 2017, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I looked with excitement to see the datamined changes in 7.2 for fire mage. Most of the spells have had their damage modified with buffs all around. Wow, they've been listening. Awesome.

But wait, like with anything in the world, when it's too good to be true, it is. Look at the fine print. Our 18% damage aura has been removed. So, looks like the damage as it currently stands will remain the same. Not to mention the T20 set pieces are not great. It was bad enough that our t19 is pretty awful in comparison to other classes.

Now, I know what they're going to say (if they respond at all). PTR is unfinished and the values are to be taken with a grain of salt. Blah blah blah. We've heard that before and the bad news *always* makes its way onto live.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=260284/7-2-ptr-build-23578-spell-changes-transmog-achievements-tier-20-set-bonuses

Thanks???? I guess??????
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Feb. 22, 2017, 11:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As we said when we implemented these changes during the 7.1.5 PTR process, the plan for these passive "buff" auras was to eventually transition their bonuses back into the base spells they effect. This is a housekeeping change that looks weird when datamined - that's all. Should be no noticeable difference in the actual game.