AP Nerf Relationship with Kingsbane Hotfix

#1 - Feb. 1, 2017, 9:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm really hoping for a blue post to address my thoughts here, or indicate another upcoming hotfix, but was there general awareness of the bug with Kingsbane that was recently hotfixed on the 31st, prior to the nerf to AP %? Because if not, myself, and from appearances, most of the rogue community, believe that the AP nerf should be reverted.

The Kingsbane fix is obviously necessary and valid, but the hit to dps from the Kingsbane hotfix is pretty rough, even moreso compounded by the recent AP nerf, to the point of seeming unreasonable, even from unbiased perceptions of other class players. At the very least, our current state in the dps standings, as a dedicated single role damage dealing class, should be examined again.

Thanks for your time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Feb. 1, 2017, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We’ve been watching this closely. Rather than tweak Agonizing Poison at this time, we’re going to increase Assassination damage by about 4% for most abilities. We’ll have that change go live as soon as we can.

That will mean a +4% damage to Deadly Poison, Death from Above, Envenom, Fan of Knives, Garrote, Hemorrhage, Kingsbane, Mutilate, Poisoned Knife, and Rupture.

Assassination Rogue Agility will be reduced by 5% in PvP at the same time.

Thank you for the feedback!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 1, 2017, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Edited the above to add:

Assassination Rogue Agility will be reduced by 5% in PvP at the same time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#94 - Feb. 3, 2017, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/02/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Treckt
Can anyone confirm it has gone live?

The changes went live last night at ~8:00 p.m. PST.