Credit Card Required?????

#1 - Jan. 21, 2017, 4:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I decided I wanted to purchase a character boost. I go down to the local store and purchase $60 worth bot battle.net funds, come home and add the funds to my account only to find out you can only buy the boost in game and it does not recognize the battle.net funds it has to be by credit/debit card in which I do not own. Why is this and is there a way around it I have looked everywhere? I am really frustrated.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#11 - Jan. 21, 2017, 4:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/20/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Pixidust
01/20/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Kozzae

You can use balance only if you have enough to cover the entire purchase. If you have tax in your state, you will not have enough balance to cover the entire purchase.
It does not give me the option to use the balance. It says I dont have a payment method and sends me too bnet to enter a credit card.

Currently, in order to use Battle.net Balance you have to have enough to cover the entire purchase. Based on your current registered address, it does look like your state charges sales tax.

While we don't currently have split billing (using multiple payment methods for a single purchase), adding another dollar or two to the Balance should allow you to use your Battle.net Balance to complete the purchase. Adding Balance digitally through the Shop can have a delay of up to 72 hours to post, but they don't usually take anywhere near that long to clear and post to your account.

Apologies for the frustration, Pixidust. :(
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#24 - Jan. 22, 2017, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Duadhe
they force you to always have some balance on your account basically stealing my money.

I cannot underscore enough how this is not the case. Battle.net Balance is not required to make purchases. At all. It is optional and something that can be used in place of another payment method. However, the amount of Balance must cover the purchase in full, including any state tax.

We've begun to move pretty far off the mark so I'll be locking this thread down.