Need Confirmation - Chef de Cuisine

#0 - March 20, 2009, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, I am sitting right now at 158/160 recipes, I read around that theres going to be a new recipe "Black jelly" and another one I'm not sure its given at Gadgetzan but I could be wrong, are these two coming up 3.1, I'm at the neutral AH right now and need to know before I spend 200g bid on one cooking recipe. :s
#1 - March 20, 2009, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ok, I am sitting right now at 158/160 recipes, I read around that theres going to be a new recipe "Black jelly" and another one I'm not sure its given at Gadgetzan but I could be wrong, are these two coming up 3.1, I'm at the neutral AH right now and need to know before I spend 200g bid on one cooking recipe. :s

New recipes are coming in patch 3.1. Here is a breakdown on all the cooking changes/additions coming in 3.1:

• A new recipe has been added to cooking trainers for making Black Jelly, using several Borean Man 'O War as ingredients. While it looks disgusting, it restores more health and mana than the highest level food.
  • Flint and Tinder is no longer necessary for creating a campfire. You're just that resourceful!
  • Grub now sells the Dig Rat Stew recipe to players who completed the quest.
  • Ingredients such as Spices, Apples, and the like have been removed from most cooking recipes.
  • Players no longer need to complete the Clamlette Surprise quest to gain Artisan cooking. The quest now offers the unique recipe, Clamlette Magnifique. If you already completed the quest, you can visit Dirge Quickcleave in Gadgetzan to learn this recipe (for free).
  • Prospector Khazgorm, found in Bael Modan in southern Barrens, now sells the recipe for Dig Rat Stew to the Alliance.
  • Several Northrend recipes were given greater skill up ranges to make it easier to reach 450 cooking skill.
  • You no longer need to learn cooking from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing.