Autism/Down Syndrome Remarks in BGs

#1 - Jan. 3, 2017, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I see this WAY too often, and honestly the # of times I see it should be zero. If a player is bad, or just simply not playing well in a RANDOM bg, I sometimes see people making ”do you have autism?" or "you must have down syndrome" remarks. Just today, I was playing some BGs on my hunter with a friend who happens to have an autistic brother. Someone called him "autistic" for using ice block while FCing and dropping it. When he asked him to stop, the jackass would not stop spamming "autist" during the match. It's safe to say that probably completely ruined my buddy's day.

Clearly, you have NO idea what autism really is. Autism =/= low intelligence, you ignorant fool. If you’re going to go around insulting people with this condition, at least KNOW what it is. Autistic people are not stupider than you, and chances are, they’re MUCH more specialized in an area than your sorry !@#. The same thing goes for people with Down syndrome… chances are, you’re some pre-pubescent hormonal kid who thinks its funny to call people these things because you think it’s a “meme” or “just a joke.”

Honestly, if someone makes such insensitive and cruel remarks about mental conditions, they should receive at least a 48-hour ban, with it doubling every time they continue to do so. This is different from simply calling people “trash” or “bad”… it’s a whole other level. Please do something about this kind of behavior, Blizzard.

I hope you step on a lego every time you get out of bed.

/vent

EDIT: You're right. I shouldn't be calling people inbred monkeys, I was just so pissed when writing this. But good catch GD, pretty hypocritical of me. Edited to ignorant fool.
#144 - Jan. 4, 2017, 9:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, this thread got highly offensive rather quickly. We don't condone any of the shaming happening here, and we definitely don't condone the obscene language and remarks that have been thrown around by certain posters in this thread.

Let's abide by our community guidelines in the future and hope we don't have to resort to punishment to teach any lessons here - take this as your only warning.

Closing.