Thread caps

#1 - Dec. 16, 2016, 8:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I see some threads having 1500+ responses (actually I just see one), but others are capped at 500 posts (like the Petulant Pug thread).

How does that work?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Dec. 16, 2016, 11:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
16/12/2016 09:42Posted by Caradin
I think the popularity of the subject decides whether or not the blues increase the limit. I guess this is mostly done to prevent many similar threads being made.

Yep, the default thread cap is 500 but if a discussion is proving to be productive and provide useful feedback, or if it's of benefit to the community (such as the finding friends thread), or we're trying to consolidate feedback into a central location for reference, then the cap of those threads will likely be raised.

(FWIW: I just raised the cap on the PuG thread)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Dec. 16, 2016, 1:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
16/12/2016 12:13Posted by Summerfire
Might want to take a look at the stickies at https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/874708/ while you're at it, they're all at caps so a bit pointless to have them :P

I went ahead and unstickied those actually. The OPs haven't been updated for a while and the threads spanned a few years, so it'd probably be better if new versions were made. :)

Thanks for the heads up!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
16/12/2016 13:52Posted by Someoneelse
16/12/2016 13:33Posted by Aerythlea

I went ahead and unstickied those actually. The OPs haven't been updated for a while and the threads spanned a few years, so it'd probably be better if new versions were made. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Any chance of getting the warden tower unsticky fixed.

Hopefully soon™, that sticky-but-not-sticky isn't playing nice and is doing its own thing regardless of what I tell it to do. It's being looked into.