:: bursts out laughing ::

#1 - Dec. 16, 2016, 1:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Did you get a load of that "Communication" thread?

The OP was like, "Hey, Blizzard needs to communicate more!" Ornyx was like, "Hey, we already talk to you guys lots on the PTR forum." Then people were like, "Uhhh, no, no you don't." with tons of example. Then the thread was locked.

Hilarious!

Great job showing off your communication skills, Ornyx! Get proven wrong about a factually-incorrect statement, lock the thread. That's only one step off from the GW method from 2006-2016 of simply not communicating at all and doing whatever you want with no ability to receive feedback.
#22 - Dec. 16, 2016, 1:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 05:38 PMPosted by Pouncey
Did you get a load of that "Communication" thread?

The OP was like, "Hey, Blizzard needs to communicate more!" Ornyx was like, "Hey, we already talk to you guys lots on the PTR forum." Then people were like, "Uhhh, no, no you don't." with tons of example. Then the thread was locked.

Hilarious!

Great job showing off your communication skills, Ornyx! Get proven wrong about a factually-incorrect statement, lock the thread. That's only one step off from the GW method from 2006-2016 of simply not communicating at all and doing whatever you want with no ability to receive feedback.
We were in the process of commenting, FYI.

It was locked because, really, where was it going to go besides downhill?
#32 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Pouncey
<span class="truncated">...</span>We were in the process of commenting, FYI.

Oh, Ornyx... It wasn't a harsh insult.

I just honestly laughed out loud when I saw a thread about poor communication was locked after evidence was posted of that poor communication.

It was about the irony of cutting off communication altogether in response to proof of poor communication.

Besides, you usually just leave those kinds of threads to die from being capped.
I can see how it's amusing, and normally I would've loved to engage in a conversation on communication, but I don't tolerate the "liar" comments when its perfectly true that our internal direction is moving us to communicate more as a larger team.

I'm always here to have a pleasant conversation on the topic though. :)
#44 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 06:06 PMPosted by Exorrt
Funny how in that thread in the first page I linked to 9 threads on the PTR forums with Blue posts within the last 10 yet everyone was still acting like Blizz isn't communicating at all

Do they need to communicate more? absolutely.

However, ignoring the fact that at least in this PTR cycle they are communicating even if not about all issues and proceeding to call Ornyx a liar is just going to lead to more locked threads and the problem will never be solved.
Thanks for being the silver-lining there. :P

Our search function can be a bit confusing sometimes, but it's plain to see there's a greater number of posts now then there were a few weeks ago.

However, yes: we can do better, and we will.
#53 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Nothealed
<span class="truncated">...</span>Thanks for being the silver-lining there. :P

Our search function can be a bit confusing sometimes, but it's plain to see there's a greater number of posts now then there were a few weeks ago.

However, yes: we can do better, and we will.

At least you will, and that is important.
I'm not here to purposefully go back on my word, after all. That would be failing myself which isn't something I want to do.

There are tons of moving parts that need to align for processes to work for the good of the community, so it's an ever-changing problem we are working towards solving.

12/15/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Valangrr
The issue is the people answering have no clue about anything because they're not Devs; and they probably hardly communicate with devs outside of outstanding issues or meetings that happen maybe once a week.
Because we may not be developers absolutely does not mean we don't understand the issues - we do all play this game, that's a simple face to share. We have members of our team devoted to talking to developers every day, and most of the large information we share is from the developers themselves.

It's not quite as black and white as it may seem.
#60 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
...I'm not here to purposefully go back on my word, after all. That would be failing myself which isn't something I want to do.

There are tons of moving parts that need to align for processes to work for the good of the community, so it's an ever-changing problem we are working towards solving.

I can totally understand if you don't want to discuss it here, to keep the thread on-topic.

If I create a new thread about the choice of Anduin for High King, and provide a link here, will you post the devs' reasoning there? Even if the answer is just, "We hadn't actually decided yet who's going to be the next High King," I think it would help, since people are widely assuming Anduin's going to be the next one (for a variety of mildly substantiated reasons, like the intro to Stormheim involving Anduin giving orders to Genn).
I can look into it, but I can't guarantee it's an answer we can share at this point in time - and it will take some time to get. I myself am not aware of the greater story reason for it at the moment.
#80 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 06:27 PMPosted by Korashy
I've been pretty hostile towards Blizz the last month, but I must say their communication has improved immensely over the past week and a half.

Certainly anything would have a been a massive improvement, but they communicate intent and i've seen quality posts from devs.

I think there is still a lot more work to be done to develop a feedback cycle that effectively nurtures constructive discussions.

There is a lot of trust to win back, but it's a good start.
The "feedback cycle" is one of the hardest things we are working with at the moment. There is just a ton of feedback all the time, and it never ends, so as soon as you, say, send a dev and email and explain the state of the feedback, its probably already changed ten-fold. :P

It's not an instantaneous fix, but more of a long term solution that will take a lot of changes to how we function doing certain processes internally. I think there's some good solutions for this that I'm working with Lore on into the beginning of next year.
#114 - Dec. 16, 2016, 2:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 06:44 PMPosted by Évè
12/15/2016 05:59 PMPosted by Ornyx

If that's the criteria for getting a thread locked then the majority of GD threads need to be locked. Just sayin'.
Probably so. :P

I have to bow out now and head home before I get yelled at for being here too long. See you guys tomorrow!

Edit: And no, I take none of this personally.