Tanks in pvp suck

#1 - Nov. 17, 2016, 8:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Healers Tank WAY better than a tanking spec in pvp, we receive the same damage as a DPS but we have NO DAMAGE.

1- Remove the +25% more damage from players from tanks.

OR

2-Buff our damage a !@#$ing ton so we can at least pretend we are DPS.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#89 - Dec. 5, 2016, 7:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our goal with tank design in Legion PvP has been for them to fill more of a "bruiser"-style role: tougher than a typical DPS, but not so much tougher that they're always the wrong target. Similarly, they should deal less overall damage than a pure DPS spec, but not so much less that you can ignore them.

That said, we've somewhat missed the mark in certain areas. Protection Paladins, for example, were able to put out a lot more healing than they probably should have. We've made a few adjustments already, and will continue to do so.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#93 - Dec. 5, 2016, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/05/2016 12:04 PMPosted by Brianhawk
Would you look into getting PVP templates working in world PVP?

This is something we could theoretically do, we just disagree that it's the correct choice for world PvP. Inherent imbalances are part of what makes world PvP fun. Speaking personally, some of my best memories of world PvP have come from getting a bunch of friends together to take down 1 or 2 enemy players that significantly outgear us, or getting my revenge on someone that ganked me earlier by catching them off-guard in the middle of a world quest.

There's obviously going to be some gray area there - there's a point where it stops being world PvP and instead just becomes griefing, and not everyone is going to agree on exactly where that point is. Generally speaking, however, unfairness - both taking advantage of it, as well as overcoming it - is part of the appeal of world PvP.