Scarab Lord

#0 - March 23, 2009, 3:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is this an achievement? I saw it in the picture galleries on the sites main page and was wondering if it was real or not and if the picture was taken on a private server.
#14 - March 24, 2009, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Borean is the last server with its gates closed. All new servers have them opened.

Borean cannot be transferred to for a few more weeks.

Win.
#17 - March 24, 2009, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Pretending that the EU mass scarab lords or 3.02 glitch never occurred = Win?

These issues continue to get brought up and we feel it will be a better game play experience to stop putting the game in a position where bugs/issues will pop up and cause controversy.
#27 - March 24, 2009, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
About the AQ Black bug mount, I believe that this was its biggest mistake by far, to reward one person for a whole SERVERs worth of effort. Most of the quest involving this reward are only accomplished by an entire guild yet only one person gets the reward. Such a bad philosophy and a huge mistake.

What do you think about it? lets have a discussion

Honestly AQ40 was a very unique and special event that we learned a lot from. The quest line is very fun and has a great story, but you have probably noticed we haven't done a lot of Black War Tank mount-style series in recent year. We learned a lot and try to ensure that a lot of players can be involved, but not all in one place (poor Silithus) and the rewards are more fair (recent Scourge invasion spread).
#40 - March 25, 2009, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What I am about to say is very much twisting your words, and I apologize up front for doing so.

But by this it shows me that you guys understand it was a bad idea to have a limited reward mount.... And the plan is to still remove the proto drakes from Glory of the Raiders?

These are two separate issues. The Black Qiraji Battle Tank was attainable by only one person and they needed the backing of an entire guild to get it done. We like the idea of keeping some things rare and hard to obtain, so if an entire group works for it and the entire group gets the reward, it works out a lot better. We want there to be varying levels of rarity for certain items.
#70 - March 25, 2009, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Scarab Lord itself is ridiculous and now when it actually takes work for you to do yourself (still need a group for MC/BWL) its pointless because blizzard still wishes to reward it the old fashion way. Even after saying they didn't like the way it was done, just doesn't add up.

We probably should have removed it from availability awhile ago, but we want to leave it the way it was originally setup and rewarded and now move on to bigger and better things.
#75 - March 25, 2009, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh how I wish blizz was as lazy on its mount designs as it is on gear. There are around 20 shoulder pieces that use the DK starting shoulder design, yet they refuse to use the bug design ever again. This makes me a sad panda.

As for the design I think that the glory of the hero rewards was the perfect way to solve the problem of only rewarding a single person, mostly. Most of the achievements reward everyone who participated in the encounter and that is great. Others require you to change your job entirely such as Denying the Scion where healers or tanks find this near impossible to do unless they spec dps. Overall I think its a great design and I am happy that they put it in the game.

Yes, there were some achievements that required a little different game play than normal, but changing things up a bit tends to be a fun thing to do. Denying the Scion was one of these and an organized group generally powered through a bunch of people in a single night, but it was still different than normal.

On the art factor, players need new gear a lot more often than new mounts, so that tends to be a big impact on that. We do like creating and adding new mounts and look forward to adding more in the future along with new model designs.