Blizzard alienating subscribers

#1 - Oct. 30, 2016, 10:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What some would describe as the 'casual' player base.

The kind of player that doesn't really come on to these forums a lot.

The kind of player that isn't in a guild and just likes to log on and play solo with maybe an odd lfg/lfr thrown in.

I know Blizzard don't release subs anymore but if they did I strongly suspect there would be a major drop off in numbers as these people complete the quests that they can and then:

A) realise they can't just level up their professions anymore by doing professions.

The new quests/story element of professions was a step in the right direction. Then they ran five miles in the wrong direction by making dungeon runs mandatory for PROFESSIONS.

B) That they likely will never see one of the major patchs title content. Mythic only with attunement.

You can sneer all you want at people who will only run lfd for whatever reason, still a large number of them out there.

C) That Blizz are following a general trend of forcing people to play the content THEY want them to.

They have actually taken away content from the casual player that they could have enjoyed before (see above)

Raids needed for loremaster anyone?

I'm seeing my friends list dwindle to nothing again and it is a shame because I believe Legion is an amazing expansion that is just let down by stupid decisions.

Just let people play how they want to!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#80 - Oct. 31, 2016, 10:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this as we already have a lengthy ongoing discussion about this over at:
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613773942

As an aside, people play the game for different reasons. Just because someone prefers to play the game differently to you, it doesn't make them "wrong." Please keep this in mind when formulating your replies and avoid trending toward masked, or out-right, insults toward those who disagree with you.