How come the US and EU forums are different?

#1 - Oct. 17, 2016, 2:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm talking about the different forum sections. For example: The US has their own section for Achievements and Transmogrification. But if you want to talk about that specifically in EU you only have "PvE discussions" with the description "A forum for all PvE related topics (Order Halls, Quests, Dungeons and Raids, Achievements etc.)". It doesn't make sense to me.
Forum Avatar
#1 - Oct. 17, 2016, 3:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please see source post at http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613802910?page=2 for detail.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Oct. 17, 2016, 3:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
17/10/2016 03:46Posted by Fiskilol
I'm talking about the different forum sections. For example: The US has their own section for Achievements and Transmogrification. But if you want to talk about that specifically in EU you only have "PvE discussions" with the description "A forum for all PvE related topics (Order Halls, Quests, Dungeons and Raids, Achievements etc.)". It doesn't make sense to me.

We had achievement forums too, and many others. Periodically, the forum statistics are checked to see whether forums are being used enough or indeed correctly (posting in wrong forum out of confusion so topics moved). Some of ours were purged recently as they were not as active, or actively persuing the forum category specifically.

That's as much as I know about it.

All true.

The flipside also means that if we see a particular forum (for example, the PvE forum) becoming filled with threads about a similar topic, then we can consider branching out and introducing a new forum to facilitate those discussions and reduce congestion in the other forum.

Especially in cases like this:

17/10/2016 15:08Posted by Britomartis
Someone also in their infinite wisdom decided to merge the rated and non-rated PvP forums any guesses what happened there? correct as you can guess the rated and non-rated crowds clashed and turned it into a series of flame wars.

Which happens to be something I'm keeping an eye on right now.

"Please send this to "hacks@blizzard.com" which is un-monitored."

I'm afraid this isn't true.

I realise this is my word against yours here, but as I worked in other functions within Blizzard for several years before joining the community team, I can tell you that the mailbox is monitored and things have happened as a result of it. Unfortunately I can't disclose any specific examples, as they tend to be sensitive topics we don't comment on publicly.