Time for outcry (?) : EU warlock feedback thread

#1 - Sept. 12, 2016, 12:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Edit: This post has been updated to the patch 7.1 PTR build, october 5.

Hi warlock friends,

Lately there have been a lot of posts about the fact that other classes (DH, SP, Ret Paladins) have had their nerfs reverted by massive outraging and threats to unsub. Ion talked about the lack of constructive feedback on forums, so I made this one for EU. But it seems no matter how much feedback is given on both EU and US forums, we keep being ignored and because of this and other reasons I decided to not renew my sub when it ended this week.

A lot of warlocks are calling out for a massive outcry on social media (like tweeting the devs in big numbers, the same way the other classes did) so we may finally have a chance for our concerns to finally be heard and paid attention to. This is already going on on the US forums, where people are tired of all the constructive feedback being ignored, especially concerning Affliction and our "Tankiness" and lack of mobility. We have been kind enough, constructive enough. Perhaps this massive outcry might get us the attention we need.

More posts about this:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613783204
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613763075
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749154903

Original post starts here:

Hello fellow warlocks,

I'm not one for posting on forums, but the situation called for it. I've seen the Q&A about warlocks in which the devs noticed warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class right now and that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are, but that we didnt give them clear feedback because a lot of the posts contained stuff like: reroll, quit game blabla. So let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback.

Simple rules:
- Tell us your main warlock spec
- 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now.
- Be realistic and keep it short and simple
- No cry or rage posts.
- If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the down-like button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts.

(Reposting from Reignylol to make sure this message spreads and I would like to have fun playing my favorite class again)

Summarized Feedback starts here:

The most requested and most problematic points are put on top. This thread is now updated to reflect the feedback regarding the changes to the 7.1 PTR build from october 5.

You can find these changes on MMO champion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6011-Withered-J-im-Emerald-Nightmare-LFR-World-Quest-Event-Patch-7-1-PTR-Build-22731

GENERAL

Demonic Circle

The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is a must as a baseline ability.

There is no problem in being a more tanky caster and we don’t have to be mobile like mages, and we never have been. But we need to have at least 1 mobility spell and Demonic Circle was the best ability to fill this place. We need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time. Besides, circle has a 30 second cooldown, so it wouldn’t even make us that mobile.

Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a viable option for mobility purposes. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really works in arenas, is called a bother by other players in PvE situations, and it is also really clunky to use in bgs and 1v1 situations.

Demon Skin

A suggestion asked for by many: We’d rather see Demon Skin as a baseline passive for all specs and the talent spot should be replaced with something new. If we are to be tanky, we need this passive.

Grimoire of Sacrifice

The old Grimorie of Sacrifice allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. We really need to have that pet ability for utility (especially the interrupt) and it makes Grimoire of Sacrifice a talent not worth picking up, as we feel punished for not having that interrupt we need in M+ dungeons, raid and PvP content.

Switching between talents for single target or aoe

This is something some other classes seem to have as well. Perhaps we are now meant to switch talents per boss fight or area in a dungeon/raid. Some people commented about the fact that locks are more heavily effected by the choice between ST and AOE talents.

What their concern is: We are either really good in ST dps and lose a lot of aoe damage (i.e destruction picks Eradication over Fire and Brimstone and loses a significant amount of aoe dps) or we choose for aoe talents, and our ST dps suffers from this (No Eradication for bosses / single target dps, but very high aoe dps). This issue mostly concerns Affliction and Destruction warlocks.

Why is burning rush still a talent option

This is self explanatory. It is never picked up, not worth it. It would be much better if it got a rework or it needs to be replaced with a new talent.

Quality of life:

- The green fire visuals are not (yet) upgraded like the new fire visuals.
- Drain life could also use a visual upgrade (maybe like Gul'Dan in the movie)
- Glyph of wrathguard is nowhere to be found, can it be added back?
- We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, maybe this could be reintroduced as a general thing or a class book ability.
Forum Avatar
#1 - Sept. 14, 2016, 9:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please see source post at http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613443373?page=15 for detail.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Sept. 14, 2016, 9:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the structured feeback so far. I'm going to sticky this thread to keep it visible so other players can contribute their feedback too. :)