Alterac Valley is extremely unfun now

#1 - Aug. 31, 2016, 11:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously blizz, what the hell is this joke? You guys fixed all the problems with it to make it fun, and now have completely undone everything to make it absolutely terrible, boring, and extremely unfun.

Why are the NPCs level 109 now? The entire point of AV was strategy, but you cant have strategic moves like graveyard snaking, when noone can kill the graveyard guards. It takes so long to down the bosses now, that the entire opposing team has time to respawn and counter.

Also players health is so stupid high, that by the time you make a dent in their force, their backup has already spawned. I cant even have fun just going around finding 1 on 1 battles or small skirmishes because it takes so long to kill a player now that they have time to run for help/help comes to them and its back to zerg on zerg again

The result of these problems is a ridiculously long zerg on zerg stalemate that barely moves. This instance is absolutely terrible, and people are afking out like crazy. Its extremely clear that something needs to be done immediately with this instance

tl;dr version:
player hp is too high
npcs levels are too high and they kill everyone in 2 shots and see through stealth
matches are lasting way too long with mindless zerg on zerg battles.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Sept. 1, 2016, 12:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For the past few weeks, the fun people have been having in AV with the increased levels on guards, the time spent summoning the bosses, etc., has been almost universally praised on the forums from what I've seen.

I don't think anything has changed since then except the new bracket at 110.