BQL Hotfix

#0 - Jan. 22, 2010, 7:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Tonight was a huge disappointment.

A) The boss was despawned and we wasted 2.5 hours of our 8-hour raid week sitting around waiting for a GM to manually spawn BQL. We had to call it a night after only a few attempts.

B) The hotfix feels like it wasn't tested. Fears overlapping when you have to bite someone = fun!

To others doing BQL:
- It is unclear how BQL determines the first Vamp. Possibly based on threat at the 15-second mark. But we're really not sure.
- Essence is now 60 seconds instead of 50 seconds. That means two things, one the 1-2-4-3-6-12-24 strategy becomes suboptimal; and two the fear now overlaps with the bite timing. So be prepared with totems, mass dispel, fear wards, etc.
- Apparently the bite can be resisted. Not totally clear, perhaps if a person is feared while you try to bite them, but we definitely had a resist occur.

Glad I wasted 2.5 hours of my limited raid week sitting around waiting for Bliz to spawn a boss...that we had to wait for weeks in the first place for the gate to open. Woot!
#17 - Jan. 22, 2010, 9:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Tonight was a huge disappointment.

A) The boss was despawned and we wasted 2.5 hours of our 8-hour raid week sitting around waiting for a GM to manually spawn BQL. We had to call it a night after only a few attempts.

B) The hotfix feels like it wasn't tested. Fears overlapping when you have to bite someone = fun!

To others doing BQL:
- It is unclear how BQL determines the first Vamp. Possibly based on threat at the 15-second mark. But we're really not sure.
- Essence is now 60 seconds instead of 50 seconds. That means two things, one the 1-2-4-3-6-12-24 strategy becomes suboptimal; and two the fear now overlaps with the bite timing. So be prepared with totems, mass dispel, fear wards, etc.
- Apparently the bite can be resisted. Not totally clear, perhaps if a person is feared while you try to bite them, but we definitely had a resist occur.

Glad I wasted 2.5 hours of my limited raid week sitting around waiting for Bliz to spawn a boss...that we had to wait for weeks in the first place for the gate to open. Woot!

A hotfix was deployed earlier today that increased the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen from 60 seconds in 10 player mode to 75 seconds and (from) 50 seconds in 25 player mode to 60 seconds. While we hate to make hotfixes to limited attempt encounters in the middle of a play week, we felt it was necessary to correct an issue with the Blood Queen encounter which involved intentionally killing a member of the raid. I think it's generally accepted that letting someone die should continue to remain a "bad thing."

We also made a number of changes to 10 player Blood Prince Council which I'll detail in the morning. We'll be watching both fights closely in case any other issues arise.
#30 - Jan. 22, 2010, 9:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Does this possibly lead you to reconsider Limited Attempts for the remaining Wings?

If this happens on the Lich King.

Oh-oh...

No.