LUA error - no addons loaded

#0 - July 17, 2010, 12:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
hi, My wow is returning an LUA error thou i have no addons loaded at all.

ace\AddOns\Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3330: Usage: ChatFrame2:AddMessage("text", [r, g, b,] typeID, backFill, accessID, extraData)

The only time the error msg totally stops is when i disable ALL combat logs, normally i use just " done to me " however i cant even use that anymore

The way im reproducing this is, i have a seperate widow for anything done to me called " taken " under tab name " spells "
When i cast regrowth, rejuv, lifebloom x 3 the errors begin to pop up, the first error is the one listed above, at which point it evenutally enters a infitie loop since the count goes crazy, at 1k it asks me to disable addons, if i click, it then gives me 13 additional errors all relating to ...

Time: 07/17/10 12:35:52
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:365: in function `ScrollingEdit_OnUpdate'
Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:342: in function `ScrollingEdit_OnTextChanged'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTools.lua:449: in function `ScriptErrorsFrame_Update'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTools.lua:413: in function `ScriptErrorsFrame_OnError'
[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:365: in function `ScrollingEdit_OnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

(*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'cursorOffset' (a nil value)"

Hope this is better and some help can be given.
#3 - July 17, 2010, 10:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Rippel,

I’m pleased to see that you followed Amaranthea’s advice – errors such as this will usually occur as a result of a corrupted temporary game file, or out-of-date add-on (even a disabled one), and a full UI reset will generally resolve the situation.

Obviously it will mean that you’ll need to set things up again once more, but hopefully the fact that you’re no longer receiving the error message will make it worthwhile. :)