Thank you blizzard, thank you! D:

#0 - Jan. 26, 2010, 1:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank heavens you finally heard our cries here at Vek'nilash! This was the best move I've seen you guys do in ages! Gotta say I am now most positively surprised by blizzard!

Edit: and for those who wonder what the problem is, our realm has a totally a screwed up horde to alliance ratio, which has only been getting progressively worse over time. We have something like 3% alliance (if that) vs 97% horde. I guess other similar realms might be getting this same treatment in the near future if this proves to be successful.
#9 - Jan. 26, 2010, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
They are offering a free transfer out of Vek'nilash. That's the great thing! That is something completely new from blizzard.

We're also ensuring a high growth of Alliance to the realm after the conversion (Normal PvE + "New Players" tag). You might want to stick around at least a little while and see how it turns out. ;)

We have a thread on the topic in the realm forum for being able to see the feedback and questions and respond in one place for all to read:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12304662580&sid=1
#12 - Jan. 26, 2010, 2:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Do you actually believe people won't move out? Vek is dead server, but from now on, it's going to be a rotten dead server.

Have you seen how quickly the "New Players" Normal PvE realm grows each week? No? Thought not. ;)

Q u o t e:
Thund, I'm wondering here, HOW will you guys make alliance move there? Are you creating fake queues just like you did on Alakir? How a server had a queue of 1500 and after SOME guilds moved out the server SUDDENLY lost all the queue? On new content day?

Wow, you're a constructive one. :p I think the number of people utilising the free migration from Al'akir would surprise you. "SOME guilds" does not cover it.
#16 - Jan. 26, 2010, 2:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Take a look at any of the topics there, I'm sure Vindi has a thing or two to say about server balance, after years of never ending free transfers, that ended up with the following result: 0. Nothing. Not enough players.

I'm not sure how Vindication realm balance concerns (faction or population) contradicts the fact that "New Players" Normal PvE realms grow very rapidly.

Q u o t e:
And yes, I'm aware of how many guilds took the free transfer to Auchindoun, so aware that Alakir lost the queues, and Auchindoun didn't get one either :). So where did these numbers go?

Free migration is always set up to go to realms which can take a lot of new players without reaching a queue. That's the entire point of it. ;)
#23 - Jan. 26, 2010, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You might consider that the "New players" will not make any serious raiding guilds stay, as new players are often not the kind of players any sort of raiding guild would want in their roster. Couple this with the fact that most people in raiding guilds also prefer being on pvp servers (im sure your data can confirm this just as well as any site such as wowprogress).

This is why vek will end up being 100% horde raiding wise.

A valid concern, and one we responded to here:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12304662580&sid=1&pageNo=3#57

...which illustrates why we want to keep things in one thread, for us to pick up the questions and everyone else to find the responses more easily. Locking this one. Please refer to the main thread:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12304662580&sid=1