Help
Regional Flag[Build 12942] Mage Fire ChangesSource
Turan
Target Source
#0 - 2010/09/10 01:41:19 AM
This latest (suggested) build has some changes that seem to have gone backwards in the improvements made to some fire skills and have left me somewhat confused.

Hot Streak - now a two tier talent (still with three points total) with one point for the base talent then two points for an improved version. The improved version changes it to the following:

Q u o t e:
Any time you score 2 non-periodic critical strikes in a row with your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch, or Fire Blast spells, you have a 50/100% chance to trigger your Hot Streak effect.

Which is..... identical to live except now even LB explosions don't count. Considering the reduction in stat inflation not to mention the levelling process, I rarely get a Hot Streak proc currently at level 80 as it is (and can go multiple mobs without seeing one) and this is based on scoring 2 crits in a period of time rather than one after the other.

I am unsure what the reason is for this change however the result will be less Hot Streaks which are already thin on the ground atm.

Living Bomb has now also been reduced to affecting only three targets and in ADDITION when it explodes it only HITS three targets as well.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#3 - 2010/09/10 01:56:54 AM
Q u o t e:

I believe you will actually get both talent effects. The first point gives a chance to proc on crit, then second two points gives a guaranteed proc if you crit twice in the given period of time. So I believe it's just, in general, an increase to the chance to proc Hot Streak.

Yep. The first point props up hot streak when crit chances are low.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#5 - 2010/09/10 02:13:01 AM
Q u o t e:

Any word if Flame Orb will attack more than 1 target? As well if we will see a change to critical mass given that its a rather weak talent for being in tier six?

Flame Orb is going to remain a single target dps spell, and its damage per cast time is very high to support that. As far as talent tree placement goes, location in a tree isn't meant to indicate power, it's meant to control what choices are available to the player (and when).