Help
Regional FlagRetribution lacks choiceSource
Yuski
Target Source
#0 - 2010/09/10 01:15:48 AM
While it is nice, with the new build adding a damage component to Selfless Healer, and the idea that retribution should be throwing heals out at all to save someone, we lose any choice we could have in our talent build.

Allow me to explain: If any fight calls for retribution to throw out a heal, that heal will be word of glory. If even one heal is thrown out, Selfless Healer becomes a mandatory talent. To top it off, Eternal Glory works directly with Selfless Healer, making that talent just as mandatory. With 41 talents, the new build (http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#sbhMZcZcrGsbzsbfz) cannot pick up Repentance, Acts of Sacrifice, Rebuke, or Divine Storm. This also means that retribution now requires two specs just to play properly because of a lack of an area of effect skill, which I believe is something you didn't want in Cataclysm.

Every talent once again is a dps talent, which if I understand correctly is not one of your design goals.

My suggestion: Remove the damage component from selfless healer, and change Eternal Glory to have a 16/33% chance per charge of holy power to not consume holy power until Eternal Glory or any other holy power ability is used, IE Inquisition or Templar's Verdict.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#9 - 2010/09/10 07:19:00 AM
The damage buff to Selfless Healer is intended to make using Word of Glory less of a dps loss. It's just giving you back some change. It isn't intended to be a mandatory talent, and it would be hard to keep the buff duration up all the time time anyway.