Help
Regional FlagWarriors 12942Source
Samayael
Target Source
#0 - 2010/09/10 12:17:52 AM
So I guess we're getting some changes this build. None of these changes are confirmed but given Boub's track record they should be pretty similar to these.

Also, T11 bonuses.

Arms
Heroic Strike is now trained at level 14. Up from level 12.
Sweeping Strikes now lasts 10 sec with a 1 min cooldown.
Improved Hamstring now immobilizes the target when you reapply Hamstring. Still cannot occur more than once every 30/60 sec.

Fury
Heroic Leap now has a 8-40 yards range, up from 8-25 yards.
Commanding Shout now gives 20 rage, up from 10 rage.
Battle Shout now gives 20 rage, up from 10 rage.
Execute is now trained at level 16. Up from level 14.
Bloodsurge no longer procs from Raging Blow. Proc chance increased from 7/14/20% to 10/20/30%. Duration increased from 5 sec to 10 sec.
Meat Cleaver no longer increases the damage of Cleave and Whirlwind by 10/20% at all time. Proc chance increased from 30/60% to 50/100%.
Booming Voice is now a Tier 2 talent, down from Tier 5. Reduces the cooldown by 15/30 sec and increases the rage generated by 5/10 of your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout.
Improved Execute has been renamed to Executioner and revamped - Your Execute hits have a 50/100% chance to improve your melee attack speed by 5% for 9 sec. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
Intensify Rage is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 2. No longer reduces the cooldown of Bloodrage.

Protection
Taunt is now trained at level 12. Up from level 10.

And Tier 11 set bonuses:

Warrior T11 DPS 2P Bonus
- Increases the damage done by your Bloodthirst and Mortal Strike abilities by 5%. / Instant
Warrior T11 DPS 4P Bonus - Each time you use Overpower or Raging Blow you gain a 1% increase to attack power for 30 sec stacking up to 3 times. / Instant
Warrior T11 Protection 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your Shield Slam ability by 5%. / Instant
Warrior T11 Protection 4P Bonus - Increases the duration of your Shield Wall ability by 50%. / Instant

----

In a lesser note, we're probably getting icons for our new talents (finally!), so that's good and stuff. The set bonuses might likely be placeholders and stuff.

EDIT: Fixed SMF, it doesn't hit twice with HS, confirmed by GC on the live forums.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#84 - 2010/09/11 05:54:23 PM
Q u o t e:
The idea that Haste = More Rage = More Yellow Damage is a great theory, but the practical reality for Arms is that because Rend is up 100% of the time and because Overpower is so efficient and cheap, Haste has no value.

Hence the change to let Blood Frenzy turn haste into rage more efficiently for Arms. Not every ability needs to scale at 100% with every stat, as long as the whole package works. If an Arms warrior who reforges every bit of haste away has a significant dps gain over one who doesn't, then we have a problem. Rend not scaling with haste is not a problem, as long as you do things besides Rend to compensate (which you should).

Q u o t e:
Raging Blow: I seemed to narrow down Raging Blow not dealing damage with both weapons to range. Standing at max melee range from the target dummy, I would only get 1 combat log entry for Raging Blow but standing close would give me two entries. It seems that perhaps the offhand damage is not applying once you get a certain distance away from the target?

It's possible the offhand attack has a different range. We'll look into it.

Q u o t e:
4.) Massive nerf to mastery is questionable at best. My enrage went from 23% damage bonus to 16%. DW went from 40% to 23%. I think at this point I'd almost want to go reforge all my mastery into crit as that would likely increase our damage and rage generation. Having mastery effect rage gen in some way would go a long way to fixing several of our problems.

Surely you can understand why getting a 23% damage bonus before you even have access to the first tier of raid gear was overpowered.

Q u o t e:
Bloodrage is gone, they wouldn't have changed the glyphs for a bug. I'm sad to see it go, but we have other enrages to get ER up with.

We're actually trying warriors without Bloodrage. That change is intentional. I won't say it's gone for good, but we want rage generation based on doing and dealing damage to feel good. We were worried that we were instead turning the warrior into a class that has to constantly use cooldowns to generate rage that then gets spent (almost like combo points or something). So it would be helpful instead of focusing on Bloodrage, to focus instead on how rage generation feels in combat. You still have shouts and abilities like Berserker Rage and Deadly Calm (both off the GCD now) for those moments when you just really managed to run out of rage.

Another big change we're going to try is Inner Rage as an active ability. It has the same effect -- making abilities cost more rage but hit harder. It can be used only when you have over 75 rage, but doesn't cost rage to use (for the button click I mean). We think this will give warriors more control over the ability without the fear that they will get launched into Inner Rage when they don't want to be. Again, if we find that rage normalization + Heroic Strike totally solves 99% of rage pooling problems, then we might find we don't even need Inner Rage. But we need to see more high-end gameplay before we'd feel comfortable with such a decision.