Tactical Mastery in expansion

#0 - Aug. 29, 2006, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You can scope out new stuff in the expansion for certain classes on the wow site.

As for the warrior stuff it looks really cool. I started to make a badass spec to see that tactical mastery wasn't in the arms tree anymore ( i assumed they made it trainable since everyone cries on the warrior forums daily to make it trainable) Very Happy

To my disgust they moved tactical mastery to the protection tree. Essentially making it cost an additional 5 points than it used to cost.

We ask for free, they double the cost.

Yes i know, "It has allowed all Protection Specc'd Warriors to put only 5 points into the Arms tree and the rest into Protection!"

Yea it benefits protection warriors a lot, but at the cost of hurting DPS/PVP warriors. But they should make it benefit all warrior by making it trainable, like warriors asked. I'm sure that anyone who has ever played a warrior to level 60 will agree tactical mastery is required to play the warrior class successfully in pvp.

Many classes have a classic 31 main tree / 20 off tree build currently. In the expansion all classes that have builds like this will be able to invest 10 points more into their main tree. Except for mortal strike warriors. Follow with me...

Building off the classic cookie cutter spec for mortal strike currently of:
31 arms / 20 fury / 0 protection

The expansion was having MS warriors anticipating a build of:
41 arms / 20 fury / 0 protection

But instead are now forced to go:
41 arms / 15 fury / 5 protection

A direct loss of 5 points in the off tree.

For instance Mortal strike warriors that pvp will no longer be able to obtain enrage as 5 points in an exclusive tree, protection is mandatory to play their class. Essentially classes that have the classic 31 main tree / 20 off tree build currently will be obtaining 10 points to spend in their main tree, without any penalty in their off tree. Where as mortal strike warriors will have a 5 point penalty in their off tree.
#3 - Aug. 29, 2006, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for keeping to the point. You didn't bother mentioning how some other class might have gotten a talent turned into a trainable skill and therefore Warriors should too.

Your post is your concern with how these changes affect your class, with clear explanation.

I won't get into any debate or argument about these changes at this time, as I am mostly reading and collecting feedback at this early stage. Any detailed feedback I would provide on this or other topics will come at a time when I have communicated your concerns and have had the devs address them as able.

Just wanted you to know that this will be passed on rather directly and that it is a good example of feedback.