Tanking Warrior VS Druid

#0 - Feb. 6, 2007, 8 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Having recently gotten 70 with my warrior it has become apparent to me that the role of the warrior have greatly changed with TBC. I have been in groups where the healer will prefer having a druid tank because A) they are easier to heal B) they do more DPS tanking then a warrior C) hold aggro better then a warrior does. I must admit, that I agree with assessment B and C having watched damage meters while a druid tanks and also observing how quickly they build aggro. I have no experience with A however.

I'm seriously disappointed by this new development. I've always played a warrior to be a tank, and I've always been known as one of the better tanking warriors out there. I've also MTed and off tanked for raiding guilds in the past. I know how to tank and I know how to build aggro properly. As a result I'm starting to feel very disappointed by my tanking ability as a whole and truly wish something to be done about it.

I'm getting sick of being in a group where people will prefer having a druid tank as opposed to a warrior.
#17 - Feb. 9, 2007, 12:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Threat generation is being watched as it compares between warriors and druids. I've said this has been of priority and interest to the devs before and it still is. Group and Raid environments play out differently and this can affect the look of things as far as competition goes. When changes to warriors come down the pipe, there's a good chance the devs will be tweaking threat generation before anything else.