Spell Reflection Broken in Karazhan

#0 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The warrior Spell Reflection ability does not work against trash mobs in Karazhan. My guess is that this ability will not work in any raid instance. While Spell Reflection isn't a huge defensive ability, its failure to function in raids should either be fixed or added to the tooltip.

My combat log showed that I gained spell reflection, but incoming spells (shadow bolt, frost bolt, etc.) just hit me. None were reflected. I have not noticed this issue in any of the 5-man instances, just Karazhan. I seems likely that the code that was written for the engineer's spell reflection item was reused for this warrior talent. Since the engineering item doesn't work in raids, either does ours.

#12 - Feb. 8, 2007, 8:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Do you have a specific name of a trash mob to compare this with? I don't see anything in the database that is directly dealing with this. However, there are a few bugs that relate to raid boss abilities being reflected, which gives the impression that raid bosses are (or at least the devs consider them to be) impervious to this particular ability.
#20 - Feb. 8, 2007, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As an example, the Hostesses and other casters in the Guest Chambers near the Maiden of Virtue are all immune to Spell Reflection.

Thank you. :)
#33 - Feb. 8, 2007, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

And you think that's a good thing?

Instead of changing the mechanic to simply reflect a partial amount of spell damage to lessen the impact of Spell Reflect in raids, it's better to just make it worthless?

*sigh*

I can't understand at all why you're in the position you are.

Slow down, there. I asked for specifics. That poster was the first to offer it. That's all.
#87 - Feb. 9, 2007, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You are blowing things way out of proportion. I posted a simple bug report, "trash mobs in Karazhan are immune to Spell Reflection". Several people posted pointless comments and a few people said, "yes, I have noticed this too". Then Tseric asked which specific mobs. Clearly Tseric wants to look into this problem. The postings that followed made me feel embarrassed to have made the original posting. All of these unrelated comments and bashing started when Tseric agreed to look at the issue. Why would you expect any comments from the Blizz folks when the simplest requests for clarification are met with a stream of hate.

Don't sweat it. Some people just need to vent. I'll agree that it would be nice if they would understand that certain threads fill certain purposes and no single thread is the answer to all the problems they may pile on to it, but that's merely my opinion.

At any rate, I'm passing this issue on to QA for testing. Thanks for bringing it up.
#89 - Feb. 9, 2007, 1:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
you know, if you pretended to be hurt by the comments, it would probally help them vent.

Not enough rage.