Weapon Mastery 2/2 and Getting Disarmed?

#0 - Dec. 28, 2006, 11:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I picked up my Ice Barb Spear, decided to spec Mortal Strike and PvP it up a bit.

Before I go queue up for some BGs I know that I have to level up my Polearm skill, I just so happen to be in Stormwind and the first and easiest place to do so that comes to mind is Stockades.

On the very first pull, almost immediately I get Disarmed; and it doesn't stop there. I get disarmed jsut about every other pull, and I had yet to see a "Resist" or anything of that nature.

Now, does this Talent bring Weapon Skill Level into play? If so, then I could understand, however it doesn't state that, it merely says ".. and increases your chance to resist Disarm effects by 100%"

If I was fighting something other than lvl 24 elites mobs... something more my level I probably would've shrugged it off as a weapon skill thing. What's going on here?
#7 - Dec. 29, 2006, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Weapon Mastery bug has had a fix and should go live with a future patch, some time after expansion.
#15 - Dec. 29, 2006, 12:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm kind of curious how this is harder to fix than Rampage.

What necessarily says it's harder to fix? It might be harder to hotfix.

Hotfixes cost a lot of money. I'm sorry that this doesn't have the priority to be hotfixed or even if it can be hotfixed, but seriously...this is spilt milk you're crying over here. This is how the production cycle often goes. I don't see why you're taking issue now or you think you can debate a hotfix out of me. Just let it go.
#19 - Dec. 29, 2006, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Agreed.

How long, however, will it be before the first post-expansion patch goes live? 1 month? 4?

I suspect it will be shortly after release because we've already put a lot of work into it and it should be on Beta. That is conjecture on my part, so if I see posts cropping up about Tseric promising when the first patch is coming out I will probably crack some skulls together.
#23 - Dec. 29, 2006, 12:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Man I don't know why you guys bother even asking him a question anymore.

You know you won't get a straight answer....

Not sure if you're aware of this, but a straight answer is what sparked off all the QQ'ing.

I appreciate how you can make disparaging comments about me and not even demonstrate any basic reading comprehension.
#26 - Dec. 29, 2006, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
lol QQing if warriors complain about a talent being broken. Serious constructive talks if a warlocks complain that it takes 3 dots instead of 2, to do 8k+damage

Thank you for trolling. Good bye.