Let's consolidate and get some answers...

#0 - Aug. 29, 2006, 8:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Let’s get all of our questions and concerns in regards to the preview talents and spells together so that we might get some insight from some Blizz reps, even if it is just preliminary and/or speculative, any info would be great.

Nether Protection – EDIT: pretty clearly states both schools for the 4 sec period, nice.

Felguard – Can we get some information about this guy? Just wondering how worth it the 41 pt demonology talent will be, even if it is just a draft of his abilities. Also, will he have his own DS?

Seed of Corruption - Imbeds a demon seed in the enemy target, causing 1044 Shadow damage over 18 sec. When the target takes 1044 total damage, the seed will inflict 1110 to 1290 Shadow damage to all enemies within 15 yards of the target. The question right now is whether or not the phrasing is accurate, in that any 1044 damage to the afflicted will proc the 1110-1290 aoe dmg. Does it have to be 1044 from SoC, sort of like keeping CoD on a mob? Any insight into this would be appreciated. Also, can you confirm that this spell can and will be castable on other players?

Improved Drain Soul – This is more a suggestion than a question. But is it possible to put a hint in the devs’ ears about making the proc work by merely having Drain Soul on the mob/player? It is *very* rare to have drain soul kill a mob whether it be group play or solo play. In solo play, it’s usually your dots killing the mob, so no go there. In group, lol, well, you get the point. It wouldn’t be imba to have it return the suggested mana in the tool tip based on having DSoul on the mob during its death. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Shadow Embrace – Several questions on this. Does it reduce damage done BY the mob or is it TO the lock? In either case, does the Shadow Embrace debuff stack? As in, say you have all the prereq debuffs on the target, will it stack to 20% less damage? Inquiring minds want to know 

If there are any other questions anyone has in regards to the new talents/spells as they are listed currently, post them here. Maybe we can get Tseric or another blue in here to give their insight or answer questions in whatever way possible.

Thanks

EDIT: removed question about Nether protection.
#11 - Aug. 30, 2006, 3:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for providing some clarification questions. At the moment, I and the rest of us are working on compiling stuff like this for the devs. Obviously, there are a lot of questions from a lot of classes, so we are doing a lot of reading and maybe not as much posting.

Keep it coming and we can line these up for a big meeting with the devs in the near future. I don't really want to clarify much on the spot, as I could be off on some of it. I've got some ideas, but I'd rather be sure about my answers than 80-90%. ;)