My DoTs need to tag the mob I cast them on...

#0 - Sept. 28, 2007, 12:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...immediately.

The "patch notes" for 2.3 have made me think a little. The number one reason that warlocks banished tagged mobs in the first place is because the mob was stolen from us, because our DoTs wait at least 2 seconds before tapping the mob. Now, if an enemy character does this, there is a PvP "solution," yet our mob was still stolen, and can still be stolen after said character comes back. If a same faction character does this, there isn't - there's nothing we can do about it at all.

My proposal:
Any hostile action performed to a mob by a player that puts the mob into combat with said player needs to immediately tag that mob for that player - whether the player is a warlock or not.

And in a nutshell:
If a mob has already entered into combat with me because of a hostile action I have performed to it (which DoTs cause the mob to do) - I deserve the tag. If any person causes a mob to enter into combat with them, regardless of class, or whether or not actual damage was used/dealt, that person deserves the tag, period.
#45 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
...immediately.

Use some common sense, Blizzard. The number one reason that warlocks banished tagged mobs in the first place is because the mob was stolen from us, because our DoTs wait at least 2 seconds before tapping the mob.

Any hostile action performed to a mob by a player that puts the mob into combat with said player needs to immediately tag that mob for that player - whether the player is a warlock or not.

Priests have this same issue so end up using DD methods of pulling (often Shadow Word: Death or wanding for fast pulling). I'm just unsure if there is a way to force a dot to tick as soon as it hits, but it is something that I will forward along to see if it's even possible.

In the meantime, I thought I'd put in the Banish change in this thread just so that people know about the change that may not have seen it-

• Banish can no longer be cast on targets tapped by other players or groups.

This is a double-edged sword in this case. It's understandable that people were using it as a means of keeping hold of a mob they had slated to kill, but there were many cases in which players were using this as a means to grief others.
#48 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It's nice to know that Blizzard is aware that we warlocks can use our massive array of Instant Cast DD spells to pull mobs.

I don't think you understood what I said . In no way did I say that Warlocks had a "massive array" of instant cast DD spells. I was giving a comparison that Priests also do not have such a "massive array" of choices either in this regard.
#61 - Sept. 29, 2007, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

SW:Death is an easy, no-shard-costing, low-cooldown ability to tag mobs. But in defense of Neth, using your pet to tag a mob quickly or while you're in the middle of already fighting one mob is quite convenient. ^__^

PS: Neth I think back in the priest forums you probably meant to say that undead shadowpriests are solid (at least when it comes to arenas).

Keep in mind that SW:Death isn't actually all that easy. Remember it has a backlash damage if you don't kill the target with it.

The concern is noted though and understood.