WTB Blue

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know our class doesn't need any buffs, but I just want to see the blue tag whenever I get onto the forums like every other classes forums :(

plz halp
#3 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know our class doesn't need any buffs, but I just want to see the blue tag whenever I get onto the forums like every other classes forums :(

plz halp

We can't be bought. Sorry. ;)

I'll give you a little blue though if you like, mostly because I like you and I want to turn that frown upside down. Besides, your demon pets could turn on you in your time of weakness. Stay strong!

The one thing I can give you for the next patch right now is that there is a change for Ritual of Souls which will significantly reduce the time to cast and complete it.
#124 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hey Candle, it would be nice if you got her ass back in here and started talking to us about 2.3 and listening to our concerns like the rest of the CMs are doing for the other classes.

Sometimes saying "please" works better. As you've seen though, we've been very busy, but have been reading up on everything that is going on.
#132 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth,

Long time warlock here. I've been through the free HK period, the buffs, the nerfs, watching as fear continually gets beaten into the ground as a defense mechanism. Now I ask, why is the Blizz developer team just not listening to the warlock community concerns at all?

I look at the changes in the other classes on the patch notes and see ALOT of changes that were requested brought up in other forums but I see NONE of them in ours. Ritual of souls? did that SERIOUSLY need a buff? it honestly feels like that was thrown in there to say "hey, but you guys ARE getting a buff along with the 3 or 4 nerfs we're tossing at you, ritual of souls casts faster! yeah!".

Honestly neth, why is this?

Sincerely,

Astoroth

I couldn't tell you why everyone does or does not have X amount of changes planned for them. Perhaps, Warlocks don't have a long list of changes is because the class is seen as well-balanced and strong as it is.

If there are more changes in the works that we can tell you about though, we definitely will. I'll pass along the word that there are concerns though for additional changes and what the general Warlock community concerns are. :)
#133 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you could please add to the sticky that MS/WP will be affecting Drain/Siphon Life, that would be super. Obviously we aren't thrilled about that change, but as it's a change that directly affects our class it should be in the sticky along with the Ritual of Souls change. Thanks!

To those asking "why aren't we receiving more changes," what changes have been requested that we actually need? I mean, other than green fire.

I'll find those and add them in. I've only added the one that I posted for now since it was a quick add.
#137 - Sept. 28, 2007, 11:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth,

I think the major problem myself and ALOT of the warlock community are having is that we're seeing past nerfs for other classes being reversed and for PvE we're being pidgeonholed into a certain build to maintain damage in raids but we lose our utility.

In PvP our only defense mechanism is the most easily broken, one of the BIGGEST and most talked about problems is that.

I think some concerns you could take to the developers today would be that Warlocks AND priests BOTH need a new type of defense mechanism. I don't care if it involves removing fear as a player skill and adding something specific for each class or what, but as clothies its paramount that our escape/defense mechanisms give us the time we need to get away or do what we need to survive.

Another being the reversal of the mage tax and return to pre BC coeff. When is that happening to DoTs? Affliction, as stated in another thread, scales VERY poorly in higher end content because of its coeff's. Honestly having a "tax" on our DoTs as we get more spell dmg is not quite fair. If anything make it 100% across the board for DoTs. There was a unviersal formula based on 15 seconds I believe is what it was, why not go back to that instead of having individual coeff's for each dot? These are some of the answers the community wants to hear from the devs, and not some half-assed answer to tide us over, we want to hear the thought process behind it, all the reasoning and the pros and cons they thought of while doing this.

Sincerely,

Astoroth

Understood and noted.
#299 - Oct. 31, 2007, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Bump again, come on Neth!

Nothing new as of yet. When we have more for you, we'll let you know. I have brought up some concerns that were discussed in the thread,however. When there is more that can be discussed on that end, we'll let you all know.

We're not ignoring anyone and we are still definitely reading as much as we can.
#301 - Oct. 31, 2007, 5:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
First? Yay, blue. At least we got an update, thanks.

Edit: And last? Suggest devs improve pet scaling, please! :D

Also... green fire! ;)

I increased the post count for the thread and we'll bring up pet scaling again, just so the Development team is aware of the continuing concern.
#303 - Oct. 31, 2007, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I take back everything I said about the CMs. This means a lot if you've been reading my posts :)

The brain gets a bit overfull sometimes and it's easy to forget who said what, but believe me, we all are reading constantly throughout the day as we're doing any other tasks we may have. :)