I saw it... the green fire...

#0 - Aug. 28, 2007, 5:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, the other weekend me and a group of friends went to do Arcatraz. for me, it was the first time doing that particular instance (was getting my kara key fragmetn).

Anyway, let me get straight to the point... there was a room with 2 bosses that were arguing with each other. we downed the female one easily, with the aid of my felhunter stopping her from heals, and then when we got to the other boss, the guy... THATS WHEN I SAW IT!

Some spell or ability the boss used to have green fire on the floor, spreading toward the groups general direction. I watched in awe as I thought to myself "Wow... demonic fire... that's how warlock fire spells should look."

It didn't look like boogers as everyone claimed it would, nor did it look like "fart gas" as people claim hellfire spell would like like if it was green, but hellfire is probably the only exception for green fire spells, everything else I'd want to be green (incinerate, searing pain, immolate etc.)

The reason blizzard said they wouldn't change it was because they were afraid people would confuse it for not being fire spells... well, personally, I was able to tell it was fire-based when that boss used the attack. I sure as heck can tell the green fire surrounding my imp is fire... I really don't see why they shouldn't change our fire spells to be green, it would only take a simple particle change, not like they'd have to animate anything new or anything.
#24 - Aug. 28, 2007, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are aware of your quest and desires for the sacred green fire. No, we don't have anything we can promise you on this, but we are very aware. ;)
#90 - Aug. 28, 2007, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth posted in General today that they're going to go through sticky requests in class forums today...apparently listening to our requests for green fire and deleting QQ/NERF posts while they're at it.

I wouldn't say stickies will go up today. They are in the process of being looked at though. It's going to take some time.

Yes, we're killing off nerf posts and posts that just aren't productive where we can.
#93 - Aug. 28, 2007, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Oh come on, Neth.. You can't tease them forever. (or can you?)
Technically, Blizzard has been very "aware" for about a year. You're just... fueling the fire.

Oh, how cliche!

The green fires of hope will forever burn brightly. There's nothing wrong with that. I like hope on the forums vs. despair and negativity. :)

I just figured I'd let people know we still know it's wanted. Whether we implement it or not at some point in the future is yet to be seen, but we are aware of the desires for it.
#95 - Aug. 28, 2007, 6:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Psh I didn't say you were going to sticky them today, but you did say you were going to start looking through sticky requests today :P

P.S. It's nice to see several Blue posts in several of the Class forums today. WTB more.

Then I misread. ;)

Send more caffeine and add on more hours to the day. I'm just getting it in this morning while I can and then my afternoon is booked up again.

Q u o t e:
also can you just set up some kind of auto program to delete any post with nerf in the title and ban the poster from the forums?

Sadly not possible. Hopefully in time it will no longer be en vogue to use the ill-fated 'n' word.
#179 - Nov. 1, 2007, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wouldn't it actually be profane green fire?

It would depend on how you look at it. If you like embracing the dark, it could be considered sacred. If you merely use it because it's a means to an end, it could be seen as profane.
#190 - Nov. 1, 2007, 6:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What if we just think it looks extremely silly. :/

Then it would be humorous. ;)