A letter

#0 - Feb. 6, 2007, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello, how are you? Its been awhile. I thought perhaps I'd write you a letter to catch up. I play a Shaman, as the avatar suggests. I have done so for near two years now. At the start of that time, we had a very healthy relationship. I'd talk, you'd listen. You'd respond, I'd listen. We didn't always see eye to eye, but the communication was there and I knew you cared.

It meant alot to me, truely did. I mean, you told me there was no way my class would ever any under circumstances be an alliance class. But you also said I'd never have pets. Things change! I'm alright with that, brings spice to a relationship.

But, you haven't written. You haven't called. You spend all your time with the other classes now, and I'm lonely. I miss you blue, I miss you so much. Come back and talk with us please? Pretty please?

The last time we seriously heard from anyone in the company, was a post saying they were sorry our rep was sick/vactioning during our review, but not to fear! It was only a half-done review and that our major mechanical problems would be addressed very soon. When that didn't happen, I almost left you. I like to think I have a decent amount of self respect, and well the shadow talk and then complete lack of communication, well it hurts me.

So I propose we restart our relationship. We have a ton of new members in our community. Our population has grown! And I'm sure many of our veterens would LOVE to hear from you. So how about a coffee? Tea? I'll pay. All I'm asking for is to restart our relationship. Get some communication going between us again.

We're a big client base now, and we have some serious problems. We just heard that Druids are being given amazing things. I'm happy for them, really am. But they're getting things that are just nice. Not needed, not even truely requested. Just a gift to the class. Our class would really benieft from some needed reviewing. We have some very serious flaws.

Please, won't you talk to us again?
#15 - Feb. 6, 2007, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hello, how are you? Its been awhile. I thought perhaps I'd write you a letter to catch up. I play a Shaman, as the avatar suggests. I have done so for near two years now. At the start of that time, we had a very healthy relationship. I'd talk, you'd listen. You'd respond, I'd listen. We didn't always see eye to eye, but the communication was there and I knew you cared.

It meant alot to me, truely did. I mean, you told me there was no way my class would ever any under circumstances be an alliance class. But you also said I'd never have pets. Things change! I'm alright with that, brings spice to a relationship.

But, you haven't written. You haven't called. You spend all your time with the other classes now, and I'm lonely. I miss you blue, I miss you so much. Come back and talk with us please? Pretty please?

The last time we seriously heard from anyone in the company, was a post saying they were sorry our rep was sick/vactioning during our review, but not to fear! It was only a half-done review and that our major mechanical problems would be addressed very soon. When that didn't happen, I almost left you. I like to think I have a decent amount of self respect, and well the shadow talk and then complete lack of communication, well it hurts me.

So I propose we restart our relationship. We have a ton of new members in our community. Our population has grown! And I'm sure many of our veterens would LOVE to hear from you. So how about a coffee? Tea? I'll pay. All I'm asking for is to restart our relationship. Get some communication going between us again.

We're a big client base now, and we have some serious problems. We just heard that Druids are being given amazing things. I'm happy for them, really am. But they're getting things that are just nice. Not needed, not even truely requested. Just a gift to the class. Our class would really benieft from some needed reviewing. We have some very serious flaws.

Please, won't you talk to us again?

I'm hoping by posting here that I'm not going to cause any heartattacks. Just be aware that issues that are posted here are brought up to the rest of the team and will continue to be. If we get information to share on changes or feedback, we'll post but for now we don't have anything new.
#23 - Feb. 6, 2007, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
OMG HEART Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a rez or cables over here stat!
#30 - Feb. 6, 2007, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

In that case, we have one more request Nethaera.

Can you tell us exactly what you just told us every once in a while? Maybe once every few weeks or once a month? Because really, we do feel like we are being unheard, and have felt this way for a year and half or so now. And the nerf posts could use moderation because they skew the image of our class, which begins and continues a vicious cycle of nerf posts that attracts other nerf-criers and also nullifies any productive discussion we are trying to hold.

We are being decimated in PvP, and many bugs and other problems are hindering our PvE ability. Enhancement Shamans are dying on boss encounters because of an Unleashed Rage threat bug. Many Elemental Shamans are still being forced into healbot roles against their will, which makes a good 1/3 of the Shaman community want to stop playing the game. Shamans are unable to even control their character during a good portion of PvP, also further alienating the diehard PvPers within the Shaman class. All the while, other classes are crying nerf simply because we have a single ability that they don't have even though they can do everything else we can do except better.

I'll try to make sure I put it on my calendar, it just gets a bit busy sometimes. ;/
#32 - Feb. 6, 2007, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"Hey, guys, watch me post in the shaman forums and watch them jump!"

:(

Not my style. Sorry.
#44 - Feb. 6, 2007, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So anyone know why/how the OP was edited by Nethaera? It seemed reasonable to the point that I can't imagine what might have been changed by blue.

I only edited the title to something I could reply to.
#123 - Feb. 8, 2007, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So Neth, in the thread that is now locked... did you truly and honestly forward those to the devs? And did said message come with a high priority red exclamation point next to it? Because seriously, I don't think any dev really cares much about us anymore and you guys are the only ones that can get the importance of these things across for us since we have no other channels.

I don't know how well you follow things around here, but some of us have been fighting the good fight a long time here and we'd really appreciate it if someone could champion our concerns. Note: not just forward them on - see them through to some sort of fruitful discussion. THAT is what we need now.

Yes it was forwarded. I don't say I've done something lightly. As far as 'championing' them, I do what I can as do all the rest of the team to make sure the concerns are heard and what the viewpoint is as well as we can.