Devs... you guys are idi.....

#0 - May 10, 2007, 9:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is in responce to Tseric's post:
http://www.blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/102731970.htm

Speciffically:
Q u o t e:

The devs don't see the class as broken, and while realizing there may be things to adjust in the future, there is no rush for big changes, revamps, gutting the class to rebuild it, or other similar, drastic measures.

It is blatantly obvious that a huge part of the WoW player base does not agree with you. It is not just recognized by the Shaman class that they are broken, but by every class, and people feel very strongly toward it.

How can you possibly make a comment like this. We pay YOU, and while you are the designers, we are your customers, and we think there is something very wrong here. This statement brushes off the mass belief that the Shaman class is broken.

Listen to your customers Bliz, don't forget, we pay you.
#7 - May 10, 2007, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It is blatantly obvious that a huge part of the WoW player base does not agree with you. It is not just recognized by the Shaman class that they are broken, but by every class, and people feel very strongly toward it.

The real issue is that while the class may have short comings, you insist that everyone agrees with exactly what your opinion is. You speak in absolutes to strengthen your argument. You fail to recognize that some people perform well with the class, or that others still have fun with the class. You think everyone thinks like you. You think everyone agrees with you on exactly every point you make.

And from your post, you don't really make any specific points. You don't address the fact that Enhancement in PvP is difficult because of melee attacks trying to keep range with a target. You don't talk about totems having limited range, in arenas or dungeons, being a challenge. You don't talk about being 'pidgeon-holed' into Resto spec, as the strongest tree of the three.

You generalize and assume everyone agrees with you. Gray areas are completely irrelevant in your stance.

I recommend making your argument more than ad populum.
#26 - May 10, 2007, 11:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Come to Australia Tseric, I'll buy you a beer.

Oh, also I raid as Elemental. It's great. I'm sure I'll still be giving mages a run for the money even with the change to Elemental Focus in the upcoming patch.

And I'm sure a portion of the community will doubt your prowess. :P

But, of course, you can always buy me a beer. Lemme just renew my passport.
#53 - May 10, 2007, 11:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well yeah, most people don't come on the forums to compliment. This is likely the first time I've ever posted on the Shaman forums. I always read, but never post. I'd hate to have your job, but at the same time.. it could be fun.. sometimes ;) Especially when you're all together with the other and just sharing stories and making fun of some players. But I'm sure you'd never admit to that.

At 4 in the morning, alone with my beer and you, there is no collegiate snickering. I assure you. ;)
#55 - May 10, 2007, 11:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

LOL. Have you even been here within the last 6 months? Have you read the thousands of posts of constructive criticism by Shamans and people of other classes, posts where people have spent great amounts of time stating the facts and doing research on how gimped our class is?

And now you jump on this guy because hes someone who simply cannot be bothered regurgitating the truth?

I know this is very cliche, but denial isnt a river in egypt Tseric

Hey, notice how I actually outlined some shaman issues in my post, and you just regurgitated emotional tripe?
#61 - May 10, 2007, 11:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Very unprofessional.

wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
#66 - May 10, 2007, 11:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

you outlined an issue which isnt and wont be resolved, atleast anytime soon.

/golfclap

What you or I say does not necessarily have a direct, causal connection on how the game is developed.

Is that something you can handle?
#95 - May 10, 2007, 12:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Nevertheless........ I think alot of shaman overwhine however I do feel there are just 3 small problems with this class.
k

Q u o t e:
1. Pvp with enhancement is too hard.
I hate to say, but perhaps another spec works betters?

Q u o t e:
2. Resto mana effciency vs. other healers just isn't nearly as good. (perhaps with elemental too next patch)
Are you trying to heal like a priest? Why do you want to be a priest? Chain heal...PvP....do it.

Q u o t e:
3. Tremor totem decides when it wants to work and not when you need it :(
Blame the coded pulse rate. It won't work when you need it, it works on it's own pulsing timeline. :/
#125 - May 10, 2007, 12:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
NO ONE I mean NO ONE chain heals in pvp. Even restoration shamans.

Stop speaking in absolutes. The world becomes easier when you do so.
#132 - May 10, 2007, 12:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh crap, almost forgot!

WHAT ABOUT THE TOTEM UI!!!
AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD AMAGAWD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Because the UI work load is longer than anyone wants to think about. We're dealing with mass-appeal items first, like in-game VOIP, Guild banks, Additional base UI, etc.
#150 - May 10, 2007, 12:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
what does VOIP stand for?

Voice Over Internet Protocol

Talkies on teh intarnetz.
#154 - May 10, 2007, 12:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hmmm how did I know you were going to comment on that. ^^

Because you're a conspiratist that fits everything into their own world view, like a paranoiac. :P

Just saying....

Your quest is simply another way by which you would judge me. No thank you.
#161 - May 10, 2007, 12:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
In game voip huh? I can only imagine trying to do an instance when all of a sudden a recording of broken English comes on tells us to buy gold and the new gold spammer website of the month.

Yeah, because hiring people to advertise over VOIP is a totally viable business model. O.o

That's why it happens in those other games that have integrated chat.
#165 - May 10, 2007, 1:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's just sad that mod-makers have been able to do for months what Blizzard couldn't seem to get done.

We've encouraged the mod community with our accessible code. No need to be a jerk about supporting the mod community.
#169 - May 10, 2007, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Naa my quest was a way to prove a point.

You're here to prove something, which was my point.
#173 - May 10, 2007, 1:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please return to topic.

I swear, this isn't the forum for this type of chat and should be moved to GENERAL.

Now if you said that RAIDS only had access to VoIP with a Shaman in the group, THAT would assure us some progression.

IT'S ABOUT YOU. OMG.

I'M ACTUALLY HAVING DIALOGUE ON THE SHAMAN BOARDS.

STOP THAT NONSENSE.
#187 - May 10, 2007, 1:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm here to help prove that shamans are not "fine" as the developers say they are.

Who said Shaman are "fine"? Find me the quote.

Q u o t e:
Btw Tseric what are you here for?

I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe me...

casue I like it, and....

community
#224 - May 10, 2007, 1:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Iapetes, you have always been cool. I have no doubt that you will always be cool.

Rock steady, honky.

Haters can choke on warm kielbasa.
#239 - May 10, 2007, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any answer from the devs on what could/might be done about the problem with the Windfury change screwing offhand itemization?

You may not like it, but the devs are quite aware that slow speed benefits moreso now, in an off-hand situation you're mentioning.
#245 - May 10, 2007, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
YOU turned it into "everyone." YOU then stated that some (not most) of the player base performs well with the class.

These two sentences contradict themselves. Please provide clarification.
#252 - May 10, 2007, 2:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

WTB slow main and off hand gladiator claws.

Not a bad point and something I've seen before.

Noted. ;)

What stats would you prefer? AP? eh?

help me out...
#255 - May 10, 2007, 2:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

SPELL DAMAGE!

no not really.

rofl

I knew someone was going to say it...
#289 - May 10, 2007, 2:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is like buying a car, we keep talking to the middle man, and get nowhere. Get a few of the Devs that write the code in here so they make things happen.

Yet another tenuous analogy. I would have thought by the intial replies that no one is trying to buy the same car.