This proves blizzard doesnt know anything...

#0 - Nov. 29, 2006, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
about shamans

Q u o t e:
Yeah, Lightning Overload is big on burst which would lend itself better to a PvP situation. However, that isn't to say that it is completely unusable in a PvE situation. It would be up to the Shaman to moderate their use of lightning to the point where an extra bolt isn't going to hurt things or draw unwanted aggro. The question to ask is 'How much are you spamming lightning bolt?' or 'Do you use lightning bolt as your primary source of dps?'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That highlighted part is complete proof.

They are so out of touch with the shaman class they cant even figure out that elemental shaman use lightning bolt as there MAIN SOURCE OF DPS...they have no other form of dps that can be the main source...this is laughablea nd at the same time oh so sad.
#13 - Nov. 29, 2006, 12:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If it helps, I can tell you from personal experience that enhancement shamans are very viable PVE DPS in the 5-man leveling dungeons. I'm told that this remains true through Karazhan, and haven't heard about anything farther than that, but all I've done myself is the first five or so leveling dungeons (Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Coilfang:Slave Pens, Coilfang:Underbog, Achindoun:Mana Tombs).

Our testing and feedback also supports this notion.
#14 - Nov. 29, 2006, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
He asked whether the poster (whom he responded to and not to the mass of Elemental specced Shaman) considered LB to be his primary source of dmg. It has nothing to do with being in or out of touch with the class. If that poster is spamming Lightning Bolts as much as Tseric's question supposes, then he may find LO to be of some use to him. Otherwise, there are plenty of other options available. I'm not sure how you were able to derive anything else.

Thanks for interpreting my comments in a reasonable fashion. ;)

I will say that perhaps I could have phrased certain questions differently to make them clearer when out of context, but that almost always happens on class forums anyways.

I also simply don't feel like editing it, as the whole of it works well enough for me. ;)
#26 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Better question- Should elemental be viable in PvE? Or should they focus the tree on PvP viability?

Right now elemental is caught in limbo between PvE and PvP, being sub-par when it comes to performing in either situation.

I'm fine with enhancement being inferior in PvP for the sake of a solid PvE role, so why can't elemental shaman accept PvP dominance at the cost of PvE viability?

Those are good questions. Especially for a hybrid class, I don't see any one tree as being applicable to all possible situations or encounters.