Beta Impressions on Lightning Overload

#0 - Nov. 13, 2006, 1:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There were so many naysayers doubting people like me saying that Lightning Overload would be fine. They didn't understand that it's not at all like sword spec. Lightning bolt may be the most common spell we use, but we still cast a LB 1/10th the frequency warriors/rogues swing their swords. And if you're talking just about duels, you get off at most 1 or 2 LBs a match.

After going through two and a half levels so far... I can safely say that lightning overload sucks and is definitely not worth five tier 7 points. As it stands right now... it's an awesomely thought up spell.. and rocks when it procs... but seriously it hardly EVER procs. I was just doing grinding quests yesterday and it didn't proc for more than 10 minutes at one point. I played 5-6 2v2 arena matches... and in none of those matches did it proc once. At it currently stands, if you just used NS to shoot an extra lightning bolt every 3 minutes, it would be more useful than lightning overload, and NS would be up every single arena game too.

This talent needs some serious reworking or buffing to 10% or even 15%. As it stands right now, lightning overload (and totem of wrath) are utter crap. It's far too unreliable, and a waste of 5 talent points.

Here's a link to the similar post I just did in the beta forum:
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1253972&postId=12329116&sid=1#0
#184 - Nov. 16, 2006, 3:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There were so many naysayers doubting people like me saying that Lightning Overload would be fine. They didn't understand that it's not at all like sword spec. Lightning bolt may be the most common spell we use, but we still cast a LB 1/10th the frequency warriors/rogues swing their swords. And if you're talking just about duels, you get off at most 1 or 2 LBs a match.

After going through two and a half levels so far... I can safely say that lightning overload sucks and is definitely not worth five tier 7 points. As it stands right now... it's an awesomely thought up spell.. and rocks when it procs... but seriously it hardly EVER procs. I was just doing grinding quests yesterday and it didn't proc for more than 10 minutes at one point. I played 5-6 2v2 arena matches... and in none of those matches did it proc once. At it currently stands, if you just used NS to shoot an extra lightning bolt every 3 minutes, it would be more useful than lightning overload, and NS would be up every single arena game too.

This talent needs some serious reworking or buffing to 10% or even 15%. As it stands right now, lightning overload (and totem of wrath) are utter crap. It's far too unreliable, and a waste of 5 talent points.

Here's a link to the similar post I just did in the beta forum:
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1253972&postId=12329116&sid=1#0

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm going to discuss your points with the class designers, as well as many of the other constructive comments noted in this thread.