Very bite sized suggestions (Blizzard)

#0 - Nov. 2, 2006, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I will be taking suggestions to add to this short and to the point list...plz nothing specific.

Enhancement: The majority of the enhancement want our remaining tanking talents removed, or changed in a way to make them worthwhile to have while in melee range...spirit weapons was a good start, more ideas like that need to be applied to other tanking talents, which is to make them less about tanking, but more about damage avoidance, remove shield spec.

Elemental: The majority of the elemental community want primarily 2 things, to have a actual reason to do dps in a raid over healing (I.E. bringing a activated buff along that requires the shaman to cast spells), and the means to last a entire boss fight.

Restoration: Havent seen much from them, get mixed feelings and not too many posts referring to them.

There you have it bliz,
#4 - Nov. 3, 2006, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Less tanking for enhancement, eh? Do you have specific abilities in mind or could you cite one or two for the case?

As for elemental, dps testing is still ongoing in the beta, but elemental shaman appear to be dealing more damage than initially expected. I can't speak to how mana efficient this dps is, so I don't know how that would pertain to raid viablility that you mention.

I'll be sure to pass these comments on.
#12 - Nov. 3, 2006, 3:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wow, good to see a blue response finnally!

What he means as far as elemental shaman go, Tseric, is that there's no beneficial elem-exclusive party buff along the lines of unleashed rage that would have you wanting an elemental shaman tossing out lightning bolts or shocks non-stop instead of healing. There's nothing really beneficial a shaman spaming damage spells (aside from extra damage) brings to the party even with the 41 point totem talent. As it stands a 41 point elemental build doesn't really fit the shaman's supposed new role of offensive supporter. 3% crit and hit don't really cut it.

Sure. I see what you're saying.